Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Drain profile view invert labels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mermerCAD
1656 Views, 5 Replies

Storm Drain profile view invert labels

Hi all-

I've attached an image of a storm drain invert label for a storm drain profile.  As you can see, the middle manhole has all three inflow pipes labeled.  Is there a way to only label the inverts of the two pipes shown in the profile view? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Meredith

C3D 2014

Windows 7 64-bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mermerCAD

yes, use a wipeout to cover the information you do not want to display. or disconnect the pipe who's invert you don't want shown in the label.
Message 3 of 6
mermerCAD
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for the response.

I thought about wipeouts but in some cases the two inverts I want have two inverts separating them.  I suppose I could add another label and wipeout the ones I don't want on each.  I was just hoping there was a way to tell C3D which in flow pipes I want labeled.

I don't want to detach the structure from the network.  I still want to label those pipe inverts, but separately.

I may be out of luck!

Thanks so much!

Meredith

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

When you create a stc label and you add a text component for the pipe data ou are prompted if you want add a componet for inflow, outflow or all pipes.

You may get what you need if you can limit the label to either inflow or outflow and your pipes are set up as such.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
mermerCAD
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks, John

The example shown has one label component for out and one label component for in.  The problem is it shows all in flow pipes when I just want it to show the two pipes that make up the profile view.  In this particular case, I could get rid of the label component for out flow pipes, but I still end up with three inflows.  It looks like I'll just have to get creative with wipeouts and multiple labels.

Thanks again!

Meredith

Message 6 of 6
C3D-Nash

Sounds like you've got this one tackled, but just to confirm... This is a limitation to structure labels.  There currently is no way to distinguish between multiple 'inflow' or 'outflow' pipes; it's all or none.  You could disconnect the pipe, but it will disable part masking for the structure and will cause issues if you wish to round-trip your data to and from SSA or HSS.  Wait until you go to label 1 influent round pipe and 1 influent elliptical pipe... VERY ANNOYING!  The only answer is to show both the inner pipe width or diameter and the inner pipe height (like a 30" x 30" RCP) so that you can get your full label for the elliptical pipe (like a 29" x 45" RCP).

There's a lot that needs work on the Pipe Network front.  I'm very happy to see so many people using them to a much greater extent these days.  Since these more in-depth issues such as this are becoming more and more prominent as the C3D community matures, hopefully we will see some results.  This is one for the Wish List - Distinguish between multiple inflow or multiple outflow pipes using the 'Text for Each' component of structure labels and structure tables.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report