Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm and Sewer Analysis

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rcallison
1532 Views, 10 Replies

Storm and Sewer Analysis

Is ther anyone who knows how to fix the Storm and Sewer Analysis  program.  Mine stopped working because of an error and I cant even open the program.  Is there a way to reload the program without reloading Autocad?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: rcallison

Hi rcallison,

Could you please provide the following information to help us troubleshoot the issue?

1. Which version of SSA  or which version of Civil 3D/Map 3D do you use? If you are using SSA 2011, you can download the stand-alone MSI from subscription site.

2. Any error message, please attach the screenshot.

3. Are you trying load SSA from the desktop icon or from Analyze tab within Civil 3D 2012?

4. If you are using Civil 3D 2012, type EDITINSSA in the command line and select YES when prompted that there is no pipenetwork, to launch it anyway and let me know if you can launch the program or not.

Regards,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 11
rcallison

I am using Civil3D 2011

I have attached a copy of the error.

I tried launching the program inside autocad using the command line you recomended and got the same error message

Thanks,

Rick

Message 4 of 11
rcallison
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

I am using Civil3D 2011

I have attached a copy of the error.

I tried launching the program inside autocad using the command line you recomended and got the same error message

Thanks,

Rick

Message 5 of 11
Matt_Haokip

Hi rcallison,

As for SSA 2011, you should be able to download the installation file from the subscription site and be able to install it as stand-alone.

Regarding SSA 2012, could you please save the bug report and attach it so that we can further investigate the cause.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 6 of 11
rcallison

I attached a pdf of the error. The program will not let me send the bug report.  I tried several times.

Where in the subscription page do I find the SSA  program. I would like to reinstall it and see if that works.

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 11
Matt_Haokip

Hi rcallison,

Please note that SSA 2011 requires Civil 3D 2011 as the prerequisite to install the software so you need to have Civil 3D 2011 on your system in order to install it but it runs as a stand-alone. You may find the download for SSA 2011 within Product Enhancements from the subscription site.

The difference with SSA 2012 is, it does not come as a separate install unlike SSA 2011. It installs along with Civil 3D 2012 and creates its icon on the desktop. It can be either launch from the desktop icon or from the command window within Civil 3D 2012.

That being said, the issue with launching SSA 2012 seems to be related to corrupt SSA.ini file. Please delete the SSA.ini file located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\SSA 2012 and try launching the program again. If this fail, you may want to reinstall Civil 3D 2012.

Let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks,

Matt Haokip
Message 8 of 11
jjordaan
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Hi - I have the same problem with SSA 2012. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Deleting the ini file has no effect.

Regards

Message 9 of 11
Matt.Anderson

1) Do you send your bug reports?

2) Yes, you can uninstall SSA from control panel.  If you are using Civil 3D 2012, you need to re-run the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 setup.exe so that SSA and its dependancies are correctly installed.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 10 of 11
rcallison
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I now have release 13

I installed release 13 from my subscription download but it did not install Storm Sewer Analysis.

What do I do

Message 11 of 11
Matt_Haokip

Hi,

SSA 2013 which is a sub component of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 needs to be checked during the installation. Run the Setup.exe for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 again and make sure that you click on the dropdown arrow beneath Civil 3D 2013 and check the options for SSA 2013 and its dependencies. Please see this short video for reference: http://www.screencast.com/t/w9svLF6x 

Thanks,

Matt Haokip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report