Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm & Sanitary Analysis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TrevN
1827 Views, 8 Replies

Storm & Sanitary Analysis

Hi,

My office is looking at possible getting Micro Drainage software for all things drainage!

Can anyone give me a brief run down on a comparison to Micro Drain to the new add on Storm & Sanitary Analysis from Civils.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gknobbe
in reply to: TrevN

well for starters you do not have to buy another program, i comes with Civil 3D if you are on subscription

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=15430019

Message 3 of 9
Matt.Anderson

What are you coming from?  ie, what software or method area you currently using for drainage analysis?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 9
TrevN
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Currently it's a combination of hand calc's and a spread sheet created by an excel wiz!

The debate here is Micro Drain is used by a lot of people but costs 10G, whereas S & S will only cost the price of a new PC (64 Bit) and an upgrade/changeover of an old version of ADT which we can switch to Civils.

We need pros and cons, as some think Mico Drain is the bess knees, but obviously we can do alot of other things with 10G!

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

For clarification, Micro Drainage produces fully integrated sustainable drainage systems and flood hazard mapping software.  The program is modular so that end users can purchase a suite to suit their needs and budget.

After designing the flow conveyance system and modelling an integrated drainage system, Micro Drainage will test beyond design criteria and test to exceedance in accordance with local requirements. 

Please feel free to call or email for further information.

Regards,

Peter

peter.coombs@microdrainage.co.uk +44 (0) 1635 582555

Message 6 of 9
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Peter -

Thanks for information on MicroDrainage.

The orignal poster is asking for a comparison between the products.  What does MicroDrainage use to calculate pipe routing? Storage Routing? Water Quality?  Does it interface with AutoCAD Civil 3D?  

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Matthew,

You are welcome and in answer to your queries pipe routing is calculated using the Rational Method and Simulation analysis is based on Full Hydrograph methodologies. 

Water Quality is based on the CIRIA guidance.

The Micro Drainage WinDes program interfaces with AutoCAD LT, Full AuotCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Kind regards,

Peter

Message 8 of 9
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Peter -

Thanks again. Can you provide a little more insight into the simulation analysis "full" hydrograph methods?  Does it perform Muskingum calculations? or is it providing a solution to the full St. Venant set of equations? 

In pressurized pipe situations, how does it calculate the speed of the pressure wave? 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Matt,

Please email me on peter.coombs@microdrainage.co.uk or call on +44 (0)1635 582555.

I will be back in the office next Tuesday.

Thanks & regards,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report