Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps Fellowship like DaylightBench

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
209 Views, 4 Replies

steps Fellowship like DaylightBench

Hello,

I have to make a project for a road and I have to design the widening existing road from 14 m to 20.10 m.

In this case I need some steps near the existing road , but under the new road. (Please see the attach).

My question is if I can make this steps in Civil3D automatic.

I need to present these steps in Design layout plan and in the cross sections.

I need advices how to do it automatic in Civil3D.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tscheevel
in reply to: Anonymous

You might try using two corridors. The first would have an assembly that benches the existing surface. Create a composite design surface by pasting the corridor surface into a copy of existing ground. Then run your second corridor with an assembly that builds your widening and targets the composite surface.

Message 3 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

I like tscheevel's idea.  Where is the fixed point that the benches start from?  Is it based on a sawcut line, or some feature on the existing roadway or do the benches start at a fixed elevation defined by the top of the ditch?  You might have to build the top corridor first to get the ditch location then extract a featureline and use that as a corridor target to start the benches.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

The easy way to make the benches is from the feature line (made by the intersection of the existing surface and the daylight of the road) to the designed road.

So it's better to make the benches from the most outside line to inside center of the road. From the bottom point to the highest point.

It's possible sometimes under the new road to be only benches and after these are already made to make all the road structure with all the designed layers.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Can I please you to try to make one example?

I try, but I didn't succeeded.

The top of the ditch it's not the point from where it's start.

The point it's intersection between existing surface and the daylight of the design road. Allmost all the time this intersections are the top point af the dicht, but sometimes the ditch more down, so it's not a constant point.

My big problem is to came something from one outside point to one inside point (from right to left in the right side of the road, from left to right in the left side of the road).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report