Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status bar icon flashing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rkmcswain
964 Views, 9 Replies

Status bar icon flashing

I finally managed to capture this phenomenon.... It happens every day, several times a day, but I was never able to capture it until now...

flaky.gif

Does this happen to anyone else. Seems to occur when you open and close various palettes, but it's not reproducible on demand.  

Civil 3D 2013, latest updates, Quadro 2000 (driver ver 9.18.13.1125)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
troma
in reply to: rkmcswain

Just C3D's way of telling you it's coffee time. Or is it that you've had too much already?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: troma

It drives me nuts.

Mainly because I want to know WHY it does this...!!

Message 4 of 10
troma

Is it the same problem as this one in LT?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/m-p/3875348#M113188

There seems to be a consensus on a solution at the end of that thread.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: troma

@troma wrote:

Is it the same problem as this one in LT?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/m-p/3875348#M113188 

No, that looks like a different problem. Compare the video to my animated GIF.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Murph_Map

I don't see any issue R.K. , what've you been smoking? 🙂 

May be a keyboard or mouse issue, don't have your coffee cup sitting on the mouse tail do you?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 10
john.mckenzie

Yes I seem to remember one of our users with a similar problem. I think it was a graphics driver issue. I am not in the office at the moment. I will ask around tomorrow. We use the quadro 2000 also and it was happening in 2013. I will sniff around tomorrow. In the meantime, you might want to see if you can get a driver update or rollback if you recently updated.
Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

II've had it . 12 & 13

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10

Seems that all I can dig up is that it was a driver issue. The person cannot remember how he solved it.

We are actually using the 2000m card in our laptops and driver version 8.17.12.9635. This works fine.

I would consider changing drivers if I were you as you can always go back if it doesn't help.

Keep an eye on it and see if it does it more under stress/load (multiple files open) or heavy calculation load regen load etc.

Message 10 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: john.mckenzie

I suppose it could be a driver issue, but it certainly does happen when AutoCAD is "doing something", most notably when palettes are opened or closed.  In other words, it will start doing this "flashing" when the command is initiated to display or hide a palette, continue the "flashing" for a couple of seconds, then the moment it quits, the palette appears (or hides).

Thankfully, it's just a graphic annoyance - it doesn't hurt anything. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report