Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stationing still disappears in viewports

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
deltacoolguy
1393 Views, 5 Replies

Stationing still disappears in viewports

Stationing still disappears in viewports.  I had a previous thread that was similar, and I have solved part of the problem... thanks to advice from here... but another part still stumps me.

• Centerline alignments are in my BASE file.
  • Got the station labeling to work correctly.
  • Have the BASE file x-ref'd into a working IMP file (for plan & profile sheets).  This is what I plot from, etc.
  • The station labeling appears fine in modelspace in the IMP file.
  • The station labeling disappears in viewports in paperspace in the IMP file.  Will not appear even when I am in MS mode in paperspace and in the viewport itself.
  • All the associated layers are turned on and thawed, even VP-specific settings.  REGENALL does not help.
  • Annotation scale is set to 1"=30' in all files.
  • I always scale my border up to the plot scale in paperspace.  This is a habit that goes back almost two decades in LDD.
  • Maybe a setting regarding plot/annotation scales is the culprit?  By playing around with the buttons in the lower right corner of the screen I got them to show up once by accident then they disappeared again when I did a simple REDRAW.  I do not remember how I got there, but the process was convoluted and probably not optimal or correct.
  • I am using Civil 3D 2011, btw.

Any help would be most appreciated.  I suspect I am simply missing a setting somewhere, but do not know that for sure.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: deltacoolguy

There is a button in the lower right for "Annotation Visibility".  It your lablels should show if that button is active (may need a regen to show up).  If that makes them show, it means that the labels don't have the current annotation scale. 

There is another button that looks like the first one for "Automatically add scales when the scale changes".  Make that one active too and change the drawing scale to anything and then back to the scale you want.  That will add the wanted scale to all annotative objects.

Hope this helps

--Riffle

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

deltacoolguy wrote:
  • Annotation scale is set to 1"=30' in all files.
  • I always scale my border up to the plot scale in paperspace.  This is a habit that goes back almost two decades in LDD.

Any help would be most appreciated.  I suspect I am simply missing a setting somewhere, but do not know that for sure.  Thanks.

So what scale is the Viewport set to? Remember, Annotation scale has no effect on C3D labels...but the VP scale does. So if, as I suspect, you are setting your plot scale to 1"=30' and the VP to 1=1...there is your answer and problem. Paper space is supposed to be just that, your plan on PAPER. You probably use 24"x36" paper, so make your border and paper space the same size and quit 'doing things like I always have because that's what I'm used to'. Then resize and set the VP scale to be your desired plan scale. Regen. Your labels should then look correct.

Please don't take offense to that. I come from the same old school philosophy as you. I started with DCA in 1986, long before we had paperspace. It took me a while to re-learn how to get drawings to plot as I wanted. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jeff_M

My experience goes back to DCA and 1992, and if I recall correctly paperspace had just been recently introduced.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

@deltacoolguy wrote:

My experience goes back to DCA and 1992, and if I recall correctly paperspace had just been recently introduced.

um.....paperspace has recently been introduced to ....... dare I say it....... Miscrostation.

Paperspace has been a part of AutoCAD since at least version 12. I cant' recall if it was around in 10 (when I started) simply because there are some things of AutoCAD that I have mentally repressed.....for good reason.

Message 6 of 6
risaacs5ADLD

I was having this problem. I set the Plot Scale to mm. My annotation buttons were already on. I changed the text style used in the alignment stationing to have a height of 0.  I tried saving, closing, reopening, regenall. After every attempt saving and reloading the xref. The alignment still wasn't appearing. I detached the xref with the alignment in it and reattached it. The alignment stationing then appeared in paperspace. I'm not sure what caused the alignment stationing to disappear in the first place.  The only thing I can think of that could have made the stationing disappear is editing the labels associated with the alignment in the base xref to change the size in paperspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report