AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)

Stationing keeps disappearing...

140 Views, 2 Replies
02-09-2012 11:26 PM

My stationing keeps disappearing.

I create a centerline alignment from a polyline.  The polyline is on a layer named ALIGN-CL.  I have the alignment linework that the program creates go on layers named ALIGN-*, and the stationing text go on layers named ALIGN-STA-*.  I want the linework to be frozen (not visible) even though I have them set as "no plot" layers.  But, whenever I try to freeze or turn off the layers I don't want, the stationing text (the layers I do want) disappear.

All these layers are in my "base" file, btw.

Not only that, but when I go into my improvement sheet file, these layers appear in modelspace, but disappear in viewports in paperspace.  I have checked the viewport freeze/thaw setting in the layer dialog box, and that's ok.

What am I missing?

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: Stationing keeps disappearing...

02-10-2012 06:39 AM in reply to: deltacoolguy

When in the Layout, make sure your cursor is in Model Space and not in Paper Space when you check the "VP Freeze".

Bill

Distinguished Mentor
JeffPaulsen
Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: Stationing keeps disappearing...

02-10-2012 09:06 AM in reply to: wfberry

If you turn off or freeze  the layer that your alignment is on the labels will not display. If your alignment style specifies a layer for lines, curves and spirals that is different then the layer your alignment is on, the labels will display when you turn off or freeze that layer.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2012 SP3 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz, 16GB Ram | NVidia Quadro 600
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.