Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stationing keeps disappearing...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
397 Views, 2 Replies

Stationing keeps disappearing...

My stationing keeps disappearing.

I create a centerline alignment from a polyline.  The polyline is on a layer named ALIGN-CL.  I have the alignment linework that the program creates go on layers named ALIGN-*, and the stationing text go on layers named ALIGN-STA-*.  I want the linework to be frozen (not visible) even though I have them set as "no plot" layers.  But, whenever I try to freeze or turn off the layers I don't want, the stationing text (the layers I do want) disappear.

All these layers are in my "base" file, btw.

Not only that, but when I go into my improvement sheet file, these layers appear in modelspace, but disappear in viewports in paperspace.  I have checked the viewport freeze/thaw setting in the layer dialog box, and that's ok.

What am I missing?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: deltacoolguy

When in the Layout, make sure your cursor is in Model Space and not in Paper Space when you check the "VP Freeze".

Bill

Message 3 of 3
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: wfberry

If you turn off or freeze  the layer that your alignment is on the labels will not display. If your alignment style specifies a layer for lines, curves and spirals that is different then the layer your alignment is on, the labels will display when you turn off or freeze that layer.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report