Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station ticks display in plot preview but do not plot

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mneumann_AT_Monroe
591 Views, 5 Replies

Station ticks display in plot preview but do not plot

Strange issue and we cannot seem to figure out the answer.

I have a stationing line.  I've used the block PTTICL to make ticks.  The ticks display perfectly.  I'll run through a plot preview and the ticks show on the plot preview.  I push plot go to the printer and the ticks are not plotted.

I've checked the layer.  They are on a layer that should print.

I've checked the block.  The block is created on a layer that should print.

I've run through a number of options regarding the alignment label properties and found "display" to be equal to "true."

Everything else plots just fine. Only the station label ticks refuse to plot.  My project is fairly short so the work around was to put a poly line right on top of the tick mark.  But any ideas anyone?

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

post your tick block and see if someone else can get it to plot in their alignment label style?

post a drawing that has your style and tick block in it only and see if anyone can try to plot it and see if it works for them.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
troma
in reply to: mneumann_AT_Monroe

Have you checked that the block plots when it is not part of a label style?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
mneumann_AT_Monroe
in reply to: troma

Interesting, I inserted the block into the drawing to see what would happen.  It didn't plot with the same behavior.  I opened the block with the block editor again to take another look at this block.  The block was a hatch object that was scaled down to the size of a vertical line.  That is all the block was.  So I draw a PLINE right over the top of it, RE the drawing and try plotting again.  The tick marks showed up.

Why was the block a hatch the size of a line?  I have no idea.  It's the block that came with the software.  I'm guessing something about it being an impossibly narrow hatch caused the problem.  So I effectively made a new block and that solved the problem.

Weird.

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 6
troma
in reply to: mneumann_AT_Monroe

Weird, I concur.  Are you sure it came with the program OOTB?  Or did it come from a legacy company template?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
mneumann_AT_Monroe
in reply to: troma

I will be honest, I'm not sure where the block came from.

The City only recently obtained Civil 3D this year, upgrading from Land Desktop, CAD and LT.  I was the LT user.  So as far as I know all the templates are OOTB unless it is something that one of us did specifically.  None of us can fathom why a tick line would be a hatch.  We figured it was some trick the Autodesk programmers did or the block came from one of the City's consultants who provided a *.dwg file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report