Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Tick Marks take on current layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
trynders
3589 Views, 4 Replies

Station Tick Marks take on current layer

Hi all,

Please help.  Using C3D 2010, I have a drawing that has a horizontal alignment and it is stationed.  I see text at every 100 feet and tick every 50 feet. Perfect.  I have that drawing x-refed into another drawing.  The station ticks take on the properties of the current layer in the drawing they are x-refed into.  If I change to layer defpoints, the tick to not plot!  Shouldn't the ticks be fixed to a certain layer?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aecoursen
in reply to: trynders

Just ran into the same issue with 2011.  In the end my solution was to create a separate layer just for the xref with the color you would want your tick marks set to.

Andrew Coursen PE & LS
v2014/64bit
Message 3 of 5
ray
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
cwallace

Not sure if anyone has found a better workaround for the issue of blocks used in labels taking on the xref color, but here is what I have found that works. In the source drawing edit the block (ie AeccTickLine or AeccTickCirle) and change the color to ByBlock. This has solved my problem so far with my alignment ticks taking on the color of the XREF layer.

Message 5 of 5
ksmart1975

Similar to what cwallace posted, I changed the tick block to the layer that I wanted it to show up on (Alignment Station Labels Major) which shows up yellow. Save the xref and reload it in your other drawing, the ticks changed colour and did not take on the properites of the current layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report