Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station/offset Labels and Layers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
630 Views, 7 Replies

Station/offset Labels and Layers

I know, I know - I have already asked this question but I wanted to post some pictures to see if that could assist anyone on figuring out what is going on.

I have an interchange with two roundabouts, a connector road between them, and four ramps (two per roundabout). The alignments are referenced in and I am trying to add a PI wherever the alignments intersect. Unfortunately, the station/offset labels for an alignment are all grouped together under one layer (the alignment layer). That requires you to create an elaborate system of styles (point and label) to get the information to show up right. Well, I get it to show correctly in the drawing file. When, I go to plot - the point markers from the other alignment want to show up (the point style defines these markers to be on a frozen layer).

Any ideas on how to get ONE label (and point) from the alignment to show up on a layer seperate from all the station/offset labels?

Josh
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Another image showing the drawing before going to preview showing that the styles SEEM to be setup right.

Josh
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

jmodglin wrote:

> Any ideas on how to get ONE label (and point) from the alignment to
> show up on a layer seperate from all the station/offset labels?

Create a general note label with reference text? That's what I use
for intersection labeling.

--
Jason Hickey

Civil 3D 2007, SP2
Dell Precision M70
2 GIG RAM, 256 MB nVidia Quadro FX Go1400
Intel Centrino 2 gHz Processor

www.civil3d.com
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry I did not post beforehand. I am running C3D.06.

2007 would be the answer but is not an option in this scenario (loong story).

Thank for your reply.

Josh
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

jmodglin wrote:
> Sorry I did not post beforehand. I am running C3D.06.
>
> 2007 would be the answer but is not an option in this scenario (loong story).
>
> Thank for your reply.

Then my idea won't work for you. Sorry.

--
Jason Hickey

Civil 3D 2007, SP2
Dell Precision M70
2 GIG RAM, 256 MB nVidia Quadro FX Go1400
Intel Centrino 2 gHz Processor

www.civil3d.com
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Josh,

A couple of questions:
* Does making the frozen layer a non-plot layer make any difference?
* Are you sure of the source of these crosses? Are they definitely on the other alignment? Or could they be part of your Profile 3D Chain or some such?

Sorry, my knowledge of 2006 is a bit rusty...

Trevor
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Good questions Trevor,

By making the frozen layer a non-plot layer then my PI label (the one that says "South Roundabout") will also disappear. It is a catch 22 - an all the labels for the alignment or nothing - which I am struggling to believe that I am the first trying to accomplish this in C3D.06.

These markers are definitely part of the station/offset label. If I freeze the parent layer for the label, the marker disappears (The station/offset labels for all the roads are on the same layer. This way I can have those PI's labeled. Then in styles, I have layers assigned to control the display for EACH label independently. This works if I could get those pesky markers to go away.)

Independent layer control visibility does not help here either since all the station/offset labels for an alignment all belong to the same layer.

Keep the ideas coming!!
Josh
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hmm... it seems to me that the issue comes from the fact that the Point Marker references the 0 layer, meaning the parent object's layer, unlike all the other components of the alignment labels... or does it? Is the Point Marker Style referencing a different layer perhaps, one not related to the alignments, which is why it's still on?

Either way, what about:

1) placing the offending alignment on its on layer? Does that cause problems? Does the point marker come with it in the plot?

OR

2) creating a new Point Label that looks the same but that references a different layer that can be shut off in this view and applying that to the Label Properties of those two labels? I know you can do this in 2007, can't remember about 2006.

Let me know how that goes.

HTH,
Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report