Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Labels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sbd123
759 Views, 7 Replies

Station Labels

I have set the Station Format as 1+000 in the "Edit Drawing Settings".

Yet, the station labels for Horizontal Alignment is showing the 1+00 format.

I could not find a command to change this.

Will some one help?

I attach a screen shot.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: sbd123

Edit the label style to use the proper station format. If you start with a metric template this should be correctly set for you.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
sbd123
in reply to: Jeff_M

[image: Inline image 1]

looks ok here.

is there more to it?

Thanks.

--
Seshagiri
0097150 6999602
Message 4 of 8
wfberry

My browser does not show any image(s) in your last post.

In all the years that I have know Jeff, I do not remember him being wrong about anything.  Therefore, you need to pay more attention to his last sentence.  Just because you may have the station format correct and you are not using a metric template file you may have a number of other issues that will come into play.  There are several more settings involved.  I personally do not use metric but just trying to issue a warning.  There are Imperial and Metric templates, Google would be a good place to start.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
troma

Drawing settings, the ones you found, affect the display in the properties, or in dialog boxes etc.
Label settings, as Jeff said, effect how the label displays.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 8
doni49

The images below show where to find the label settings for the geometry points (PC, PT etc).  The other station labels will be done with the the same methods but using a different label style.

EDIT:  As Jeff said, if you use a METRIC template, these settings will already be configured for you.  And there area a myriad of other settings that need to be dealt with if you're working with metric.  So even though you CAN go through and change the settings, I'd advise you to bite the bullet and use a metric template.

AlignStationLabels1.png

AlignStationLabels2.pngAlignStationLabels3.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 8
sbd123
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for all help. Just one more question.

Suppose I have received a CAD file (*.dwg) from an external source and I wish work with it in AutoCAD Civil 3D, is it ok if I open a new drawing with "metric template" and insert the drawing received from external source into the new drawing I have just created? Will it work?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
sboon

Assuming that the source drawing is metric then yes.  Actually this is the recommended method - you will get a drawing with the settings and styles that you're used to if you do it that way.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report