Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Label Offest

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
southpawj05
363 Views, 4 Replies

Station Label Offest

New to civil 3d...I have a series of bore locations along an alignment that I need the station offset and distance. I tried POINT -> ALIGNMENT: STATION/OFFSET, and that prompts me to tell where i want the offsets to go. I want to be able to pick the center of each bore and have civil 3d tell me that information. What command do I use? Help

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: southpawj05

You should get this data just by hovering the mouse over the point.

If that's not accurate enough or stable enough, ADD LABELS, go to Alignment Labels, Station Offset.

I would use the Fixed Point option.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
tcorey

You're saying you don't want to label it, you want to query for the information?

Go to the Analyze tab of the Ribbon, find the Inquiry panel and select the InquiryTool button.

In the dialog, pick Inquiry type Alignment --> Alignment Station and Offset at Point. This will let you pick the locations of the existing points, one at a time.

If you want a report on a group of points instead of selecting locations one-at-a-time, go to the Toolbox tab of the Toolspace, expand Reports Manager --> Points --> Station Offset to Points.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 5
southpawj05
in reply to: troma

Troma,

That worked!!!! its exactly what I needed. Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 5
troma

You're welcome.

I come here to ask questions when I'm in a pickle, so I try to spread the wealth a bit while I'm here.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report