Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station equations in 2012

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
neilyj666
1075 Views, 7 Replies

Station equations in 2012

I was watching a video from AU2010 (CV322-1) today and the presenter had used station equations under Station Control in Alignment properties which caused a vertical line to appear on the profile view (and which could be used to identify areas of interest along the profiles)

I have created these equations but can't get a vertical line to show up - can anyone tell me how to get the line to display

Thanks

BTW it's taking ages to get to log on to this board today, lots of Firefox errors - anyone else??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

BTW it's taking ages to get to log on to this board today, lots of Firefox errors - anyone else??

Yes, using Chrome. Yesterday, too. Word is, "We are looking into it". ANd it's not really the login that is the problem, it's the macro that is supposed to return you to the place you started after it auto-logs you in is having issues by pointing to the wrong place.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
mathewkol

You need to turn on the appropriate grid component in your profile view style.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: mathewkol

I've turned on the grid component in band style but the line only remains within the band (lilac colour in screenshot) - can it be extended to reach the profile??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
mathewkol

It's there in the profile view style.  Weird, it turns on and off with the minor grid.

Matt Kolberg
Message 6 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes - I see that now but can the other minor grid lines be suppressed??

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

I doubt they can. I just put them at the sane interval as the majors so they can't be seen.
Matt Kolberg
Message 8 of 8
owengothard

I had the same problem, below is how I fixed it:

Profile View style,  Display Tab - Turn off 'Grid Vertical Minor'

Horizontal Axes Tab - enter value '10m' into the 'major tick details, Interval' space

Hit 'OK'

Profile View Properties, Bands Tab - Make your MajorIntervals = 50m and your Minors Interval = 10m

This works, however if your station equation is on an even station (eg. 0+180) the grid line disappears. 

To fix this, add a station equation 0+179.9996, this with trick cadd in displaying the vertcal line and rounding the station to 0+180.

Hope this helps,

Owen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report