Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Equation changes profile?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
frank.tylor
1581 Views, 4 Replies

Station Equation changes profile?

I am trying to add a station equation to an alignment. I need to lengthen a curve in the alignment without disturbing the rest. I have tried adding a station equation which works fine for the design profile ,except my surfaces profiles do not seem to break with the equation? I am using 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: frank.tylor

What do you mean by "break" The Surface Profile would still be continuous.

As an example if I apply a station equation of 17+00 Ahead and 15+00 back and then hover cursor in profile

view on either side of this equation... I see less than 15+00 to the left and greater than 17+00 to the right of the equation

in the tool tip.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
frank.tylor
in reply to: Jay_B

I only have a 4 meter difference in my station equation. It appears that the 4 mteter difference is not removed from the surface profiles

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: frank.tylor

I tried another one using only 14' Sta. bk = 18+70 & Sta. ah. 18+84 and a major Profile Grid line gets added here at the station equation location.

So same thing, if I move to left of this equation in profile view it's less than 18+70 and to right it's greater than 18+84.

Watch the overall alignment length in the Station Control within Alignment Properties.

The overall Alignment stays the same the equation doesn't physically create a gap.

Also if I do a distance from major profile grid line of pfl view between 18+00 & 19+00 It measures 84' as expected.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
frank.tylor
in reply to: Jay_B

I have attached 2 pdf's that show what is happening. The station equation is located at 10+117.576 back and 10+121.439 forward. not sure why both the surface and the profile are not updating together. the original is before the station equation. then I think the other drawing indicates the after. The stations should not change but they are.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report