Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station & Offset table?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
deltacoolguy
2710 Views, 13 Replies

Station & Offset table?

I've done searches, and the answer is a big "NO" for previous versions, but I've seen nothing of late.

Is there a way to create a table of stations and offsets along a specific alignment at chosen locations?

Dynamic would be preferred.

I'm currently using version 2013.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Not in 2013.

This could be an easy fix. there just needs to be a Station Offset - OBJECT option for tables. then you could get all hydrants defined by a hydrant block to list in a table with a sta off north east.

right now it is a big no in 2013.

Do not know about 2014.

Have you wished for it out on the wish list?

Message 3 of 14
DaveM
in reply to: john.mckenzie

I currently use sinc pac software for the dynamic option when regarding points, but you can be slick and add a point table with station and offset that is not dynamic. add a UDP classification for station and offset. The create a point file format that utilizes the point# station and offset. Run the station ofset report as an excel file. copy number station and offset into a csv and import file into drawing. Overight points. Create a table showing the station offset. It does not take as long as it sounds once you go through the routine.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 14
Rickquin1965
in reply to: DaveM

Hey Dave, it sounds like you might be on to something with your point table idea. 2 things I'm having trouble with: Adding the Sta offset UDP category to the table and the then adding that same Sta offset to the point format. Any help is much appreciated.

Rick

Message 5 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: john.mckenzie

Yes, but pipe networks do give dynamic Station offset tables. Think about it

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 14
Rickquin1965
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Apparently I'm gonna have to look into this pipe networking. 

Thanks Joe

Message 7 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: Rickquin1965

This video shows the full process of using the Sincpac-C3D's Dynamic Linking, but it includes the steps needed to add the UDP's to the Points & Table. http://www.quuxsoft.com/videos/DynamicStaOffTable.aspx

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 14
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff am i able to add stat offset to 2016 civil3d?? or ?

Message 9 of 14

Let me rephrase that am i able to add a stat-offset "TABLE with that sync pac you mentioned in 2016 civil 3d?

thanks

Aaron Apodaca

Jviation, INC.

Message 10 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: aaron.apodaca

Yes, Aaron. It there are releases available for C3D2008-2016 (and beyond!) which all have this.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 11 of 14
Joe-Bouza

@Rickquin1965 did that work out for you? Style structures as to look like points, tabel= dynamic

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
Rickquin1965
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, I never did get that to work. At the time I was buried in work and trying to find a solution was only an option in my offtime. If I remember correctly, the client had a specific need for the info. We were working in tandem with a GIS dept, and they decided that it was something they would come up with. So I never circled back around to see if it would work.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Message 13 of 14
Joe-Bouza

No worries Rick

It works fine. check it out some time

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
aaron.apodaca
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

thanks for the tip, i watched the video and if the syncpac works for 2016 civil 3d, i will let you all know, i just cant believe autodesk hasn't taken care of this since station/offsets are in plan sets so much, the labels that are provided for station /offset are sort of big and if there is an area that needs several call-outs the station/offset call-out makes the sheet look congested, just doesn't really look professional in my opinion, by adding a station/offset table the look of the plan sheet would be more of what i am looking for and the is not so convoluted, anyway appreciate the response.. i will have my cad committee look into this .

thnaks 

Aaron Apodaca

Jviation, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report