Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stage Storage Pond Volumes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdemers
308 Views, 5 Replies

Stage Storage Pond Volumes

We've recently purchased Autocad Civil 3D 2005. We've scanned the discussion groups here and cannot find any information descibing how to complete stage storage pond volumes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mdemers

It is not available in Civil 3D (yet). However, for what it's worth: Get a copy of Hydaflow Hydrographs 2004 by Intelisolve and you won't look back. Bill "canon" wrote in message news:30219000.1112988099696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We've recently purchased Autocad Civil 3D 2005. We've scanned the discussion groups here and cannot find any information descibing how to complete stage storage pond volumes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
mdemers

Thanks for the info Bill, do you know if Civil 3D 2006 will have this feature? Can LDD do this?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, It's very easy in Civil Design which runs on top of Land Desktop. There is one limitation - you can only have one sump in the Pond. If you have more in real life, you need to do a bit of juggling of the data, or do separate Ponds for each sump. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "canon" wrote in message news:595740.1112993651154.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the info Bill, do you know if Civil 3D 2006 will have this feature? Can LDD do this?
Message 5 of 6
mdemers

Laurie

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that Civil 3D 2005 would basically do all this. We were told programs like LDD were being phased out for the new Civil 3D. I guess Civil Design is not being phased into future Civil 3D releases?

Is civil design a better product for earthworks than Civil 3D 2005? Does anyone have any idea if autodesk is undergoing static development for Civil Design and adding commands from Civil design into Civil 3D 2006? Autodesk? Thanks in advance.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

They are including the Legacy products in Civil Design through a
"Companion".

Read Question 9 at this link...
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5395159

Though I would echo Bill's advice regarding Hydraflow Storm Sewers
(Hydraulics), and Hydrographs (Basin Modeling, obviously).
http://www.intelisolve.com/products.html

--
Don Reichle
"King Of Work-Arounds"
LDT3/CD3
IntelP4-2.4
1GB RAM
Intel 64MB

wrote in message news:4810216@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Laurie
>
> Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that Civil 3D 2005 would
> basically do all this. We were told programs like LDD were being phased
> out for the new Civil 3D. I guess Civil Design is not being phased into
> future Civil 3D releases?
>
> Is civil design a better product for earthworks than Civil 3D 2005? Does
> anyone have any idea if autodesk is undergoing static development for
> Civil Design and adding commands from Civil design into Civil 3D 2006?
> Autodesk? Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report