So here is the story...I have recently been using Sheet Set Managers (SSM) more recently and have found them quite handy but I am also finding some peculiarities with it too. I have no issues setting up a SSM and getting it to plot all my sheets either to our plotter or to PDF at full size (24x36), however when it comes to setting up a half size (11x17) page setup and overriding to it, is where problems occur.
What I want is a page setup that I can select that will plot 11x17 from 24x36. So, I first created a page setup that does this in our template (.dwt) and then set the page setup overrides file to our template file (under sheet set properties). Next I right-cliked on my sheet set and went to "Publish" and then "Publishing Using Page Setup Override", but the list it populated for me did not reflect all of the page setups we have in our template??? It listed two page steups _24x36 and _30x42 (see attachment). These page setups can be found in our template under page setup manager along with several others which don't show in the overrides (see attachment).
So, I am asking, where is the diconnect? Is there a reason the other page setups aren't coming up in the SSM overrides menu?
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by paul.m.graf. See the answer in context.
Your half size is only a Layout name. Save it as a Page Setup, using New and selecting that Layout to start from, then it will be available.
OK guys thanks for the responses,
A couple of questions (and answers):
1. Yes the overrides are pointing to our template (see attachment)
2. By create a "new setup" you guys mean go to the template, right-click on a layout tab, go to page setup manager, and then click new and create that way, right? Cause that is what I did to create my 11x17 from 24x36 setup. (see attachment)
3. Is this also what you meant by save the setup as a "setup"? You save it as a setup by actually just making the setup in page setup manager right?
4. So do the ** mean the setup has been modified from an original? Do modified setups not appear in the overrides by rule?
Anyways, to reiterate, I did create a "new" setup in page setup manager in our template, saved our template, and then went back to my other drawing but did not see the setup under overrides in ssm menu.
Any more help or guidance you could give would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not quite sure what you are doing, but the items shown with an asterisk on either side are all Layouts. A Layout which has a named Page Setup applied will have the setup shown in parenthesis. Saved Page Setup names do NOT have asterisks. Also, when you select a saved page setup the "Set Current" button will be enabled, but when you select a layout setup that button will be disabled. In your pic I do not see ANY saved page setups.
Ok this is making more sense, but again I must ask for I'm still uncertain. What is the process to create a "new" page setup in our template and save it as a template and not just a layout? The only way I know how seemingly is to right-click on a layout tab and then go to page setup manager, and then click new...IS THIS CORRECT?
IF not then again I'm asking, how do you create a new page setup separate from a layout that then will appear in the page setup manager (saved) and then be able to be seen in the SSM overrides menu?
Also, somehow I need to be able to create this new setup from an existing 24x36 layout, for I need to be able to window the 24x26 border and force it to fit to a tabloid (11x17). This will give the setup an X and Y offset and a scaling factor so it will fit. I need to do this so that when I have created a 24x36 ssm and then want to print it half size I can simply pick this override setup which in turn will allow the full size layouts to be printed half size.
Thanks again for the responses
So here is another screen capture of what I did which is as follows:
1. Open template drawing (.dwt)
2. Went to page setup manager and clicked "new"
3. Created a new setup that transform 24x36 to fit an 11x17
4. Called it 11x17 from 24x36 and saved it
5. Created a layout called Half-Size and set current my new setup
6. Noticed in page setup manager that my setup was in the list w/out ** and my layout had it in ()
7. Saved the template drawing and then went back to my project drawing and went to the ssm overrides list and still did NOT see it there?
Felt like I did everything right but still not getting it to work.
Any other thoughts?
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.