Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spurious linewight causes crash?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
neilyj666
234 Views, 2 Replies

Spurious linewight causes crash?

Just editing the Surface contour style in 2015 and the original lineweight is shown as -652.82mm and Civil promptly crashes and generates a CER.

Anyone come across this before?

2014-09-15 15_08_10-Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 - Fatal Error.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

Known bug, no known fix, with development so not holding my breath on a fix any time soon.....

"Now I can reproduce the issue you mentioned. Thank you for informing us about that issue.

What we have found out now (and will report to our development team) to reproduce the issue:

When opening the dialog for modification of a surface style, tab “Contours” and click onto the lineweight icon for a range-contour the dialog appears for setting the new lineweight.

In case of the negative current value (e.g. -652.xx) and commiting that value by “OK” Civil 3D crashes.

Whenever you select another (valid) value or you end the dialog with “Cancel” Civil will stay alive.

So at least that’s the workaround for now, either choose another lineweight or cancel the dialog, but don’t press “OK” when the current value is invalid.

We will document that and send it to our development team for further investigations.

This support case will be archived (for support, not for development) if you don’t have any additional questions or information’s. If I get a response from development within the next days I will keep you informed (no promise, depends a lot on “free” time)."

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks for posting back Neil.

If Randy is keeping up with the list this issue should be on it...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report