Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Elevation Label text

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Troopers04
2242 Views, 8 Replies

Spot Elevation Label text

Hi All,

I would like to have a spot elevation label style, where it automatically takes my Top of Curb Elevation and then subtracts 0.5 feet for my gutter elevation. I've tried to modify the code inside label text, but can't figure it out.

How can I have the Top of Curb and Gutter. Here is the current Top of Curb Code?

TC <[Surface Elevation(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

Thanks in Advance,

Nate

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: Troopers04

Create an Expression (see the screenshot).  Then set your point label style to use that expression.

C3DExpressions.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
Jason__M

I'm no power-user, but I think I know how to do it.  Seems like you would use an expression to do that.  In the Settings tab of the Toolspace in the Surface-Label Styles-Spot Elevation there is Expressions.  You can create your expression here that subtracts 0.5' from the surface elevation and then when you create your label style you choose the expression you created instead of the surface elevation property that you would normally use.

Message 4 of 9
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Here's a sample dwg showing it in action.  The point was placed at 1.0.

C3DExpressions2.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 9
Troopers04

Is the expression the only way to do this? This is how I want my elevations to show up. I use the spot elevation annotation and then edit it manually.

Screenshot.jpg

Message 6 of 9
doni49

If you want to automate it (as opposed to typing manually like you do now), then this IS the way to automate it.

Try this version of the dwg file.  You can add the line between like you have (I *THINK*) but I don't have time right now to delve in to that.

C3dCurbandGutterLabel.png

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 9
Troopers04

Ok. So what did you put in for the expression. I tried messing around with it, but kept giving me errors.
Message 8 of 9
doni49

Point elevation - 0.5

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 9
doni49

Toolspace>Settings tab>Point>Label Styles>Expressions

You'll see a named expression below.  Right click>Edit and you'll see the expression editor.

To get "Point Elevation", go to the far right hand side of the box and click the second button from the side.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report