Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Vertical Profile Views

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
trynders
819 Views, 5 Replies

Splitting Vertical Profile Views

Hello,

I have a very long profile that I need to split into 3 sections.  Lets just say it goes 300 feet.  The middle section of the vertical profile is at 0% grade.  I have it labeled.  I split the profile into 3 separate profile views 100 feet long.  When I add horizontal labels to label the slope, C3D wants to put it in the middle of the tanget and not in each profile view.  So its not showing up in the first 100 foot profile or the last 100 foot profile. How do I get it to label in each view?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: trynders

You can slide the label along the tangent once the label is placed. If you pick on the label, you will see a diamond shaped grabber for the label. Slide the first label to the location you want it in the first profile, apply the label again and slide that one to the third profile, then apply the label again to leave it in the middle profile. I'm not sure of your version of C3D, but last time I needed to do this, I had to extend my first profile view temporarily to show the slope label and slide it back to the desired location before I could set the view limits back to the way I wanted it.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 6
trynders

Thanks,  Your Idea makes sense but I still cant get it to work.  Im running C3D 2013.  When I click the label the diamond thing a ma bob only lets me slide it up and down, not left or right.  I tried my first 100 foot profile to expand it, label the tanget, slide the slope text down.  Then change the station range to the shorter distance and the tag dissapears.  What else do you got?

Message 4 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

You could try redefining your anchor point and making some adjustments from there. See attached.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Got it, and I'm going to add this to our template. I created a line, and you can set the visibility of this to False, using some of the "In View" features as anchor points. Then I set the label to attach to the mid-point of that line. See attached pics.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 6
j.spell
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks! This worked like a champ. I chose to set the line display to false.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report