Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting surfaces or corridors?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
775 Views, 5 Replies

Splitting surfaces or corridors?

I am experimenting with creating a 4d simulation in Navisworks for the creation of two bunds. The bunds will be made section by section and I want to be able to visualize that the work starts on one end and finishes on the other. 

I have created a corridor of one of the bunds in Civil but to show the progress of the creation of the bunds I have to break them up into a few sections. 

Is it possible to either split a corridor or a surface in AutoCad Civil 2011 into multiple corridors or multiple surfaces?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: Anonymous

you can make multiple corridors each with their own surface.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

What is 4d and what is a bund?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I don't know what a bund is, but the 4th dimension is usually time.   which means he's doing  a time lapse detail from start to finish.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Well I didn't know what a bund is either when I first saw it. It may also be called a bunding or a bund wall. Also, english is not my first language.

The project is a reclamation project. They build these walls (or bunds)  made of soil materials with slopes on both sides. the walls extend out from the existing shoreline. The ends of both walls meet so the original shoreline and the bund walls enclose an area which is filled in with material.

4d is a sort of buzzword for including time dimension in a 3d drawing, enabling playback of the project to visualize the schedule. I only use the word 4d for lack of a better term. 

At the moment I am modeling the sections of the walls as multiple corridors. I would however like to be able to receive a model of a corridor and divide it up, thus saving me the work in recreating the whole corridor, part by part. 

thank you for your suggestions.

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Thanks for the explination. I should have know the 4d - I did very well in physics but that was a long time ago <G>

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report