Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split profile text issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
210 Views, 2 Replies

Split profile text issues

I'm having issues with split profile text.  The attached jpg circles the area I'm having issues with.  I have tried creating two new profile label styles... one for left-only text, and one for right-only text... but I get really weird results instead of what I think I should get.  I have tried this twice, and get the same weird result both times.  Makes me think the program isn't necessarily wrong, just that how to do it isn't very intuitive.

What I want to do is eliminate the profile text in the center, and have only the far left and the far right, which will be different as the profile is split.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bill_Myron
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I had this problem too. Solved it in a not so very friendly way.

First, you need to turn off the elevations in your style. Probably have to create a new style. You can then create a station elevation profile view label for all of your elevations for both the left side and the right side. It doesnt take all that long i suppose, just a ton of clicks.

Another option is the create a second profile view, explode it and take the elevations and put them in the right spots on your profile view.

These methods are not at all ideal but will work.

Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Bill_Myron

C3D likes to use at least 3 sections for a split PV. Rather than force it to use 2, set the last 2 to have the same datum, then set the middle one to a style with no vertical axis labels.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report