Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split points on a feature line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
1094 Views, 5 Replies

split points on a feature line

I am drawing a few feature lines within my surface and it is creating split points.....not even sure how they are created and how do I get rid of them....is there a way? I read a little about them and what I have read so far indicates that it is a point where two feature lines cross? I don't have another feature line created anywhere near this one.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
castled071049
in reply to: wbrustle

What do you mean by "split points"? Maybe a screen shot or something to clarify?

Message 3 of 6
troma

Is there a grading crossing the feature line?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

If the featurelines cross any other featurelines, alignments, or parcels in the same Site, you will get these uneditable points.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
AllenJessup

If overlaps are your problem. This might be helpful.

AeccFindSiteOverlaps

Start with this command, which will check for overlapping alignments, feature lines, and lot lines in a Site. A dialog box will be displayed, prompting you to select the Site to check. This command will mark any overlapping locations found with AutoCAD points, placed on the layer _OVERLAPPING_SEGMENT_LOCATIONS.

Note: To see the AutoCAD points better, you can use the DDPTYPE command to change the visibility settings if necessary, which will force a Regen. However, in cases with unstable Gradings or behavior a Regen may result in a crash.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: AllenJessup

yes.....I believe these points along my feature line may have crossed the alignment I was using in the same site, which most likely caused the problem...thanks so much...I will watch that from now on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report