Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Parcel Attributes When Exporting to SHP (via. SDF)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lindsaytithecott1040
505 Views, 3 Replies

Specifying Parcel Attributes When Exporting to SHP (via. SDF)

Hi,

I'm currently creating an infrastructure database for a municipality.  In regards to the parcels the client wants the civic address to appear on the map.  

I have filled out the civc address in the User Defined Properties Tab, but when I export to SDF (before the final bulk copy to SHP) Civil doesn't carry anything but the parcel area and name over as attributes.  Is there any way we can add info that will be exported in the SDF process?  

At the moment we are using the parcels for the boundaries in GIS, then writing script to join a block with address, lot, and plan numbers to each parcel.  It would make a lot more sense to simply tie it all into one Parcel.

Thanks for any help,

Lindsay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Welcome to my world. (well ex-world) We in the GIS side been wanting this for years along with pipe networks extra fields. AFAIK right now all you can do is save everything to dumb AutoCAD objects (plines & text) then use the map tools to create Object Data from the text labels attached to the parcels polylines then export to shp.

Sounds like a good blog post needs to be done unless Peter or one of the others reply otherwise how to do it.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: lindsaytithecott1040

The complete lack of C3D-GIS integration has been a long-standing puzzle, given how much Autodesk talks about "BIM"...

Sinc
Message 4 of 4
lindsaytithecott1040
in reply to: Sinc

Thanks guys, 

I was hoping there would be an easy solution (silly me).  As long as I'm not missing a better way to export out, then I'll keep my round-about way.

Linds

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report