Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Paperspace Layout in Windows Shortcut

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chrisdavis5201
438 Views, 6 Replies

Specific Paperspace Layout in Windows Shortcut

OK, weird question.....

Does anyone know of a way to create a windows shortcut to a drawing that opens a specific Paperspace Layout?

For example, I have a drawing located in a Windos folder called 'Appraisal Maps', the drawing contains 2 paperspace layouts, one of which is named Show Me Stakes. I would like to have a Windows shortcut of the drawing inside of a Windows folder called 'Staking-Show Me', so that when I double click the drawing it will open up and automatically switch to the proper paperspace layout.

I am wanting this for two reason, 1) so that we do not create multiple drawings and actually use the power of autocad layout tabs and layer management. 2) so that when management opens up the drawing it goes directly to the proper layout minimizing their head scratching as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Chris M. Davis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: chrisdavis5201

If I'm understanding correctly Sheet Set Manager would work great for this.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
chrisdavis5201
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay_B, thanks for the reply...I am looking for a windows shortcut solution outside of autocad. Unless I can create shortcuts of the sheet manager. I have attached an image. As you can see I have the shortcut of the drawing in the folder, and I was curious if inside the properties of that shortcut I could specify the layout tab. Much like the autocad program shortcuts where you could specifiy a specific *.arg file.

Thanks,

Chris

SHORTCUT.jpg

Message 4 of 7

This link lists all of the startup switches that are available with AutoCAD:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2894625&linkID=9240617

I don't see anything there for specifying a layout.  The view option may work, but you will have to assign a named view to the layout.  If that does not work you may be able to load a simple script file that runs the LAYOUT command with the Set option.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

So is the goal for this always to open the same single layout within that drawing at startup?

If so why not create an arg profile that has the QNEW variable set to the drawing (renaming extension to dwt) containing the Layout?

Then put that arg in a Profile switch in the desktop icon & it would always launch cad using that dwt.

I'm still not quite understanding why this needs to be done & how it's to be used?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
wfberry

Here is a link for more switches:

http://www.hyperpics.com/downloads/resources/customization/general/AutoCAD%20Icon%20Switch.pdf

Bill

PS:  Layout is included

Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

The specifice layout should be made into a dwt file then create and arg file that points to that dwt. Finally you can modify/ copy the desktop shortcut to use that profile arg

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report