Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Curves by Parcel Number and Curve Length

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
341 Views, 5 Replies

Sort Curves by Parcel Number and Curve Length

Does anyone know how to sort curve table data by parcel and then curve length?  Out here in Oregon, one of the standard ways of defining a curve table is to show the length of curve and have each curve in the parcel grouped together.  I have not figured out a way to do this in C3D.  At one point, Sinc had started working on the issue for us, but I don't think he ever got anywhere with it (or at least it didn't get into his add on).  If anyone has a work around that can do this, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't you do it with Curve Numbers being sequential?

Bill

Message 3 of 6
WeimsGuy

Select the table, right click -> Table Properties -> Edit Current Selection (in pull down list next to Table Style). Data Properties tab -> Select the Sort Data check box -> set sort colum and sort direction. Click OK -> OK

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: WeimsGuy

Thanks, but just sorting the table wasn't what I was looking for. Having the table sort by Parcel Number (not curve number as it appears to be stuck on).

Out here, one of the standard ways of sorting a curve table is by Lot Number, then by length of all curves inside that lot. It can really be a space saver, since State Law (as interpreted by the County Surveyor) already requires listing length of curve on each one, so not having to put two pieces of information on each curve (Curve Number and Length of Curve) can be very helpful, especially on small lots (say townhomes, which are typically 30' wide).

Below is an example of what I'm talking about. I would really like to be able to have C3D do this automatically, but I think that tables are locked onto curve number for some reason. If you know of a way to get around this, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Thanks for taking a look!

[cid:image001.png@01CF7A4F.8863F150]
Message 5 of 6
WeimsGuy

paulgalli5397 

Maybe until multi-sort of tables gets added into C3D,
a combination of C3D and Xcel (or spreadsheet program of choice) macros could
automate the export/import process and allow for all the data sorting
capabilities of the spreadsheet.  I am
just getting started with C3D but am working in land development (mostly single home), so the
multi-sort capability would be of mutual interest.  For right now I would love for C3D labels to
behave like real AutoCAD text and not have to diddle with the text height so
much.  Not sure how much time I will have
for research, but I’ll post anything I come up with.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Setting up the styles are definitely time consuming. Once you're done, they are pretty nice to work with/no text heights, linetypes, etc. to change. It is quite a process to setup though.

Paul D. Galli, PLS (OR, WA, & CA)
Project Surveyor

HARPER HOUF PETERSON RIGHELLIS INC.
205 SE Spokane Street | Suite 200 | Portland, OR | 97202
p: 503.221.1131 | f: 503.221.1171 | paulg@hhpr.com | hhpr.com

CIVIL ENGINEERS :: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS :: PLANNERS :: LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS :: SURVEYORS

[cid:image001.png@01CF7A7E.A953C0A0] [cid:image002.png@01CF7A7E.A953C0A0] [cid:image003.png@01CF7A7E.A953C0A0]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report