Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Some items in layouts wont plot, or erase or I can't access at all thru viewport

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
634 Views, 19 Replies

Some items in layouts wont plot, or erase or I can't access at all thru viewport

Some of the items in some of my layouts wont plot. When I go into the view port of the layouts I can't even move erase or access the linework. This is not happening with all the layouts... I made a new layout with the template and started over once but it seems to go back to the way it was. I tried to recover and audit but it says there are no problems. The project is nearly finished and I can't get the stuff to plot. I did get some layouts from another dwg thru the design center but I long since deleted then in trying to fix this.    Please any one got any ideas.

thanks so   dj

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you see the linework?  Is the viewport switched on?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

I can see the linework just can't do anything with it. Some of the line work I can erase and edit. Its like its half the stuff is frozen and half of it is not. Even some items on the same layers are different. And this doesn't happen to all the layouts. I believe its haunted.

Message 4 of 20
troma

How large is the file in MB?

How many layouts?

How many viewports?

I can't think of anything that is intended to have this effect, and you already tried RECOVER, so I don't know what else to suggest.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 20
Jeff_M

Can you post or email the drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 20
Jay_B

If there are Xref's involved be sure to run Audit / Recover on all of those files as well.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

dwg is too large

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

can i email 

Message 9 of 20
Jeff_M

Dropbox or Autodesk 360 are good options for posting files

jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com is my email

EESignature
Message 10 of 20
Joe-Bouza

Is it possible some entitties are on defpoints and layer 0 is frozen?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 20
Jay_B
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

...Or even locked Layer?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 20
troma

Nice guesses, but OP said this is some viewports, not others, some entities, not others on the same layer.  And also the objects are not plotting.

Mark Green

Message 13 of 20
Jay_B

Could try purging registry apps.

-PURGE

Regapps

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

how do you do that

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

how do you purge regapps -- Darla Bowers Engineering Division City of Wichita Falls, Texas office 940-761-7421 fax 940-761-6873 darla.bowers@wichitafallstx.gov
Message 16 of 20
Jay_B

Enter -PU at command line_Enter_R_Enter_ALL_Enter and NO to verify layer name_Enter

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

No unreferenced registered applications found.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

i have just made new layouts 

but i did that earlier and they only worked for a while

thanks for all your help

Message 19 of 20
Jeff_M

Something is definitely strange in that drawing. I can make a new layout and it will exhibit the same issue. It appears that the affected objects are all 3D Polylines, which can be selected and plot fine from Model Space, but not in a VP in Paperspace. I have to run t a meeting, but will continue looiking into this later on.

EESignature
Message 20 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

When I first started that dwg I went thru the design center and brought some layouts from another dwg. I have since deleted those layouts but the problem still continued. I have made new layouts and I'm up and running again. I will just have to check every time I plot to make sure it is still plotting. Thanks so much for your help. Its not something to do with my computer because I'm on a second project and this dwg is working fine. Knock on wood

thanks so for helping

dj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā