Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some help with corridors please

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
ces
Advocate
740 Views, 22 Replies

some help with corridors please

We were happily using LDD 2004 until this summer. Now running C3d 2013. have gotten thru most of it but am venturing into corridors for the first time. I used to define a template, attach that to a vertical alignment, and create a 3d grid from that that could be made into a surface. I have created my assembly and mirrored it. I have created a corridor. I now have several questions.

1.) I am assuming from the way the assembly was created that the vertical attachment point is the centerline of the road. Our vertical alignment is the top of curb (based on the centerline horizontal alignment), and the two are not the same elevation. How can I make the vertical attachmet between the assembly and the finished grade profile be the top of curb grade? This was easily done in LDD by drawing a template then drawing a construction line from one back of curb to the other, the point where that line crossed the centerline was the defined vertical attachment point. it will be slightly higher than the crown of the road.

2.) I have a main street ("A") that is crossed by two other streets ("1" & "2"). Can I get by with one corridor for A street and break it for the intersections of 1 and 2 street or do I need several corridors for A street.

please bear with me for any and all stupid questions, I am figuring this out on my own and time is of the essence...any and all advice and experience will be greatly appreciated...

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
fcernst
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes, not Baselines. 

"Stop baseline 1 at some station. 
Make a new baseline, same alignment, that starts at some station after where BL1 stops."

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 22 of 23
mathewkol
in reply to: ces

I was assuming the readers would figure that out since you can't change baseline stationing.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 23 of 23
fcernst
in reply to: mathewkol

"I was assuming the readers would figure that out since you can't change baseline stationing."

I can't make my point any clearer than this statement.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report