Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Data Shortcuts not displaying

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3153 Views, 6 Replies

Some Data Shortcuts not displaying

I have 2 sheet files that suddenly stopped displaying some of the data shortcuts. It is the same alignments that are shortcut into the 2 different files that went missing. This happened mysteriously....someone else was working in the file and saved, then when I opened them they were gone. We have worked in the files for months but it happens to all users now. I have other files with the same shortcuts that work just fine. I have tried to Synchronize and to Delete and Create Reference, which it will do, but once it's saved, exited and re-opened, they are all gone again. I have also tried an Audit on the sheet files. I am at a point where I'm guessing the sheet files are just corrupt somehow. I am able to start a new file, create the shortcuts, save and re-open without issue.

Any ideas as to why this would happen?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you try repairing the shortcut?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I ran a Validate Data Shortcuts and it didn't report any problems. Is that what you mean by Repair?

-Tom

C3D 2012 SP3

Win7 64-bit

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

I just was made aware of the cause and a workaround for this. If you have the drawing Xref'ed into the current drawing which is also the parent drawing for your pipe network(s), the automatic synching stops when it gets to the pipe netwroks, so no Dref's later in the list get processed. If you can, unload the Xref and things will start working correctly again. In my case, I had to move some things into a new drawing so they could still be Xref'ed, but it beats the heck out of needing to perform a manual resynch everytime.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
JCyganiak
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

I've tried this... when i detached the xref, saved, closed and reopen the grades show correctly. However, if I re-attach the xref it reverts back to the probelm. Am i missing a step?

Joe Cyganiak
Civil Engineering Senior Designer
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
Message 6 of 7
troma
in reply to: JCyganiak

I haven't come across this problem myself, but if I read the workaround correctly, you have to unload or detach the x-ref and leave it that way. If you bring it back, you bring the problem back too.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: JCyganiak

The issue is for example you have a Pipe Network Source dwg attached as an xref to a file, which also has that same Pipe Network, Data Referenced into the same dwg.

So if a Pipe Network is only xref'd or data referenced then it's not usually an issue, just when both exist and the c3d source xref is loaded in same dwg.

Pretty sure there can be similar problems with syncing of Surfaces and Pipe Networks aren't the only cause of the issue.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report