Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Rectangle at Origin

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
heikki73
3213 Views, 14 Replies

Small White Rectangle at Origin

I am in need of help removing a symbol in C3D 2014. I have a small white rectangle that appears on my screen at 0,0 and I cannot remove it. I cannot select it, nor is it assigned to a layer. I've searched the web with no solutions. I've attached a quick screenshot image for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

John

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
doni49
in reply to: heikki73

@heikki73 wrote:

I am in need of help removing a symbol in C3D 2014. I have a small white rectangle that appears on my screen at 0,0 and I cannot remove it. I cannot select it, nor is it assigned to a layer. I've searched the web with no solutions. I've attached a quick screenshot image for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

John

Welcome to the forum!

Is there anything else in the file?  Can you post the dwg?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 15
heikki73
in reply to: doni49

Nothing else in the file. After some trial and error, I've concluded that the box first appears when using the Points Creation Tool, and more specifically the manual point creation tool. If you exit the drawing and reopen, the box is gone until you use points creation again and then it is there to stay. Somehow, after a few iterations of opening and closing the drawing, the problem appeared to resolve. BUT...I know it will be back.

Message 4 of 15
AllenJessup

I must say that's strange. I've never encountered it myself. The next time it happens in an empty drawing. Try listing ALL instead of picking it.

I've had trouble with Transient_Glyphs being left in drawings. But you can select those.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
Jeff_M

I've seen this before. I've learned to just ignore it, as it doesn't affect anything. Also, if I move the mouse over Toolspace, the 'thing' goes away. Here's a short video showing it 'in action'. Watch the center of the circle....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 15
heikki73
in reply to: Jeff_M

You've re-created my issue, which sounds more like a glitch...er...glyph. Thank you Jeff and Allen for the responses! I'm going to use this forum more often. A great resource.

Message 7 of 15
AllenJessup

Thanks to Jeff's post I was able to duplicate it also. With the same results.

Glad you've joined the group. Welcome.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
Jay_B

I see a very similar issue often, just had it happen while working in a Profile View, when editing profile using the Profile Layout Tools.

I'm unsure as to what causes it, but around the same time, was also using transparent command "Profile Station Elevation".

No Points involved in this case and the glyph seems to anchor relative to cursor as in caption and just comes and goes.

I'll try to pay closer attention to it & see if there's any pattern to when it's happening.

cursor.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 15
qnologi
in reply to: Jay_B

Hope this finds you....

My co-worker is having the same issue as you were showing and I was wondering if you or anyone had found a solution.

He's working on Civil 3D 2016, Win 10.

It seems to be happening after using the MEASUREGEOM command, needing the distance from a normal "Cogo Point" to an "AutoCAD" line or entity.

I've tried to recreate the issue, but with no avail.

Any luck on your end? I watched the video showing how to get rid of the "tiny rectangle", but that didn't seem much like a solution...

TLQ

qnologi
Message 10 of 15
Jay_B
in reply to: qnologi

As far as I know this is a bug and I'm unaware of any solution other than the workaround offered by @Jeff_M

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 11 of 15
qnologi
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks. Smiley Wink

qnologi
Message 12 of 15
hmartinez5
in reply to: qnologi

Can someone describe the workaround for this bug? The original video is gone.

Message 13 of 15
hmartinez5
in reply to: hmartinez5

re-read the thread and found the answer on Jeff's post. Also the issue cleared out after closing and reopening the drawing.

Message 14 of 15
jmartt
in reply to: hmartinez5

This is happening to me in 2019. But moving the cursor over Toolspace doesn't make the little box go away. Close/open does, but then it comes back...With point creation and/or measurements, I haven't tested thoroughly.

Any solution out there? I'm easily annoyed. (Another cup of coffee might help.)

Message 15 of 15
ericken.protech

Hello,

Has someone found the way to stop it? It's not always on, depending of the DWG I work in. However it makes my C3D lag quite a bit and reaching for osnap is more difficult.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report