Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloping the bottom of a Containment Berm

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nathan_westhoff
508 Views, 5 Replies

Sloping the bottom of a Containment Berm

Hi all,

I am trying to create a containment berm 4' deep with 3:1 side slopes on the berm with the exterior of the berm 3:1 grade to EG surface. The berm will also have a 15' wide top. That part is easy enough to create. What I am having trouble with is that the bottom of the containment berm needs to be sloped to a catch basin at one end of the containment berm so water will drain. Bottom slope needs to be slope to the corner of the berm. I can force this to happen by creating feature lines with 1% grades to the corner and infilling between them when grading.

I am just curious if this is best practice or if there is a much easier way to do this.

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks

Nate W
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: nathan_westhoff

Typically I will create a "pan" surface with the desired slope and flow lines as a temporary construction surface. Then I target that surface with the berm gradings to get a perfect seam at the berm slope.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 6
nathan_westhoff
in reply to: Neilw_05

That worked, so then you just create an infill to mimic the bottom surface once that has been deleted?

What if I wanted something similar to this (attached) were the slope did not dictate where the toe of the berm was, but the catch basin did?Thanks ahead of time.

Nate W
Message 4 of 6

Here is the attachement, didnt work first time

Nate W
Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: nathan_westhoff

Yes you can add an infill to complete the pond grading. You can add a circular feature line within the pond bottom to form a low point for the catch basin.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 6
nathan_westhoff
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks for the help!

Nate W

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report