AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
francisco_bobadilla
Message 1 of 8 (298 Views)

Slope Stake Report

298 Views, 7 Replies
05-27-2011 10:51 AM

Is it possible to create a Slope Stake Report for multiple baselines?.  When I generate the report, it only creates a report for the first baseline of the corridor.  All of my sample lines are in the same section group, so I'm wondering why it would not create all my sampled stations.

*Expert Elite*
klugb
Message 2 of 8 (192 Views)

Re: Slope Stake Report

04-17-2013 11:56 AM in reply to: francisco_bobadilla

I know this is old, but it was never answered and I haven't seen any other similar threads.

Has anyone found a suitable workaround workaround for this? I have a project that (3) baselines but can only get the first one to report out. 

It appears that the only workaround I can find is to Report out the first one base line then delete it, report it out again, delete the baseline.....

Turning the baseline off didn't work, tried that.

Thanks

Bruce Klug
AutoCAD Expert Elite
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Certified Professional
Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 (SP2)
Testing Civil 3D 2015
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 3 of 8 (183 Views)

04-17-2013 01:56 PM in reply to: klugb

I can confirm that this works for multiple baselines in Civil 3D 2014 and 2013. Maybe what you're doing wrong is that you don't have a sample line group for each alignment that is a baseline in your corridor.

Attached is a sample with a single report covering two baselines.

I had to change the file extension to .txt so that I can post it here. You will need to change it back to .html in order to view it correctly.

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
*Expert Elite*
klugb
Message 4 of 8 (166 Views)

04-17-2013 02:52 PM in reply to: francisco_bobadilla
First I want to point out it`s not my project
:-) The corridor was setup with (2) baselines of the same alignment, one for left side one for right. I can only get sample lines for the alignment one tine and can't distinguish lt or rt. It appears to only read the first occorance of each alignment.
Bruce Klug
AutoCAD Expert Elite
Testing Civil 3D 2015
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 5 of 8 (159 Views)

04-17-2013 03:48 PM in reply to: klugb

Copy the existing alignment and make that the baseline for left. Keep the existing alignment as the baseline for right.

You can get sample lines for each side of the existing alignment as separate Sample Line Groups, but the slope stake report won't recognize the multiple groups for one baseline.

Just curious, why would the corridor be modeled with right separate from left using the same alignment? It's either a workflow I haven't seen before or the user didn't know the full capabilities of corridors.

Tim Corey, Owner
Redding, CA
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 6 of 8 (152 Views)

04-17-2013 09:16 PM in reply to: tcorey

I've seen similar behaviour in the Material Quantity calculations.  I have a project with multiple baselines created on the same alignment.  The corridor design works fine and I have a sample line group with sections along the entire length of the project but when I compute material volumes it only works for the first corridor baseline.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

*Expert Elite*
klugb
Message 7 of 8 (137 Views)

04-18-2013 07:47 AM in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

He was using this method so when changes on one side are needed you don't have to change the other side of the roadway. Common for us to have existing frontage on one side with new on the other, then it might swap and be the opposite. It's not a target issue, more of structural changing (drop sidewalk) type changes.

The copying of the alignment works, BUT it's kind of messy at this stage of the project. He had (10) profiles with the main CL and needed (4) copies. This gave us 40 profiles and 4 profile views we didn't need. We could have XML'd out and back in but that's just another step.

At this point It looks like run the report, then delete first baseline, run report...... (quit out) Works the easiest.

Thanks

Bruce Klug
AutoCAD Expert Elite
Testing Civil 3D 2015
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 8 of 8 (129 Views)

04-18-2013 08:07 AM in reply to: klugb

Hi Bruce,

Not to belabor the point, and I know you're busy, but making changes to your design on one side of the street does not require changes to the other side. Just make a region that includes the proper assembly with the drop sidewalk only on the one side.

Like you said, it sounds like it's too late for this project, but your colleague might want to re-consider his approach for the next.

Have a great day!

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Redding, CA
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.