Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Stake Report

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
francisco_bobadilla
830 Views, 9 Replies

Slope Stake Report

Is it possible to create a Slope Stake Report for multiple baselines?.  When I generate the report, it only creates a report for the first baseline of the corridor.  All of my sample lines are in the same section group, so I'm wondering why it would not create all my sampled stations.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
klugb
in reply to: francisco_bobadilla

I know this is old, but it was never answered and I haven't seen any other similar threads.

Has anyone found a suitable workaround workaround for this? I have a project that (3) baselines but can only get the first one to report out. 

It appears that the only workaround I can find is to Report out the first one base line then delete it, report it out again, delete the baseline.....

Turning the baseline off didn't work, tried that.

Thanks

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: klugb

I can confirm that this works for multiple baselines in Civil 3D 2014 and 2013. Maybe what you're doing wrong is that you don't have a sample line group for each alignment that is a baseline in your corridor.

Attached is a sample with a single report covering two baselines.

I had to change the file extension to .txt so that I can post it here. You will need to change it back to .html in order to view it correctly.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 10
klugb
in reply to: francisco_bobadilla

First I want to point out it`s not my project
🙂 The corridor was setup with (2) baselines of the same alignment, one for left side one for right. I can only get sample lines for the alignment one tine and can't distinguish lt or rt. It appears to only read the first occorance of each alignment.
Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 5 of 10
tcorey

Copy the existing alignment and make that the baseline for left. Keep the existing alignment as the baseline for right.

You can get sample lines for each side of the existing alignment as separate Sample Line Groups, but the slope stake report won't recognize the multiple groups for one baseline.

Just curious, why would the corridor be modeled with right separate from left using the same alignment? It's either a workflow I haven't seen before or the user didn't know the full capabilities of corridors.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 10
sboon
in reply to: tcorey

I've seen similar behaviour in the Material Quantity calculations.  I have a project with multiple baselines created on the same alignment.  The corridor design works fine and I have a sample line group with sections along the entire length of the project but when I compute material volumes it only works for the first corridor baseline.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 10
klugb

Tim,

He was using this method so when changes on one side are needed you don't have to change the other side of the roadway. Common for us to have existing frontage on one side with new on the other, then it might swap and be the opposite. It's not a target issue, more of structural changing (drop sidewalk) type changes.

The copying of the alignment works, BUT it's kind of messy at this stage of the project. He had (10) profiles with the main CL and needed (4) copies. This gave us 40 profiles and 4 profile views we didn't need. We could have XML'd out and back in but that's just another step.

At this point It looks like run the report, then delete first baseline, run report...... (quit out) Works the easiest.

Thanks

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 8 of 10
tcorey

Hi Bruce,

Not to belabor the point, and I know you're busy, but making changes to your design on one side of the street does not require changes to the other side. Just make a region that includes the proper assembly with the drop sidewalk only on the one side.

Like you said, it sounds like it's too late for this project, but your colleague might want to re-consider his approach for the next.

Have a great day!

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 9 of 10
LeafRiders

I can't but help wonder why this type of thing isn't fixed by the developers at Autodesk. I've had nothing but issues running reports. Reports is the mechanism designers need to get to a final output. We don't need reasons why we shouldn't do something a certain way like having a separate breakdown for left and right. Maybe the quantities needed to be separated (like in my case) and that is why we do it that way. Sometimes things need to be kept separate (Left or Right) or (North and South)... Simple stuff.... The fact that we need to copy alignments and delete sample line groups and etc. etc. to try and get these reports to run is complete garbage. I'm having similar issues running reports I have my ranges from start to end and it's only producing the report for the 2nd half of the corridor. Likely because it's first in the corridor.

1 - Allow the user the ability to reorder their baselines within the Corridor Parameters. - Small but a must

2 - Ensure that the reports are pulling all the information from the corridor regardless of how it's setup. Having multiple sets of sample line groups helps with quantities, only to get screwed over when one needs a corridor report for construction. Then it's work around after work around. Fix This!

Message 10 of 10
WyldeParnelle
in reply to: LeafRiders

I agree 100%...slope report functionallity is complete crap. It should see the whole corridor if it's all on one alignment regardless how it was created. What is the point of creating mulitple baselines if it is not included in the slope reports. It only sees the first one and the rest cannot be included.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report