Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope of Surface After Kriging

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Joyfer
526 Views, 7 Replies

Slope of Surface After Kriging

Hello all,

Please find the attached picture. It shows a surface with its data points. I extended the surface to the outer boarder shown by kriging. The slope of the surface that was added with the extension (past the data points) has an upward slope that was generated. I need the surface to stay level with the data points that are there.

Does anyone know how to avoid that added slope when extending a surface?

Thanks,

Joy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: Joyfer

no I don't but depending on the size of the extended surface it is sometimes easier to use the other tools to add points or just "eyeball" it

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
Joyfer
in reply to: neilyj666

Well I have 18 ponds about 25 acers a piece. So what process would you suggest for extending the surface? I could add points like you mentioned it's just that I am hopeful that there is a quicker way.

Message 4 of 8
neilyj666

without seeing the data it's a but difficult to say for sure what is happening

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 8
sboon

Assuming that you have a featureline around the top edge of your pond you could use the SteppedOffset command to create another featureline at a specified distance from the pond with the same elevations.  Another method would be to draw a featureline that follows the new proposed boundary, then use the Adjacent Elevations by Reference command to make the new featureline match the elevations of the existing pond edge.

Add the new featurelines to your surface and you're done.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 8
Joyfer

Alright, here attached is one of the pond surface and the problem area is boxed in blue. Let me know what you think.

This is the most simple pond (it wouldn't be hard to add extra points to this surface to fix it but the others it would be a lot of trouble).

Many Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Joyfer
in reply to: sboon

Okay I didn't see your post before I posted the surface just now. I'll try out the feature line method, it sounds promising. 

Message 8 of 8
Joyfer
in reply to: sboon

Perfect solution. Thank you again Sir!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report