Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Analysis with Hatch Patterns ...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
curt.moreno
3673 Views, 12 Replies

Slope Analysis with Hatch Patterns ...

I am using Civil 3D 2009 to do a slope analysis of a surface. And it's working fine. But since my plots are gray scale I would really rather have the analysis with hatch patterns instead of colors.

Is it possible to use hatches instead of colors in the slope analysis?

- Curt -
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: curt.moreno

It won't hatch (other than solid) inside the drawing, but you can set up your plot style table to use a fill style to represent the colors of the different solid areas. See the last item in the plot style list.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
curt.moreno

Mr. Corey:

That is a fantastic suggestion. Just one more question, if I may. Do you have any idea how to darken and/or change the scale of the pattern that is selected in the Plot Style Table? I have followed your lead but the patterns are very sparse and light. I am certain they will not hold up to reproduction.

You help is much appreciated.

- Curt -
Message 4 of 13
tcorey

I'm not sure about the scale. For the darkness, be sure the line color is black, 100%, no dither. I'll send Autodesk a tech question about changing the scale.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 13
tcorey

Curt, I have another solution. If you display the surface slopoes as solid hatch, then extract objects from surface, you can simply change the hatch patterns of those objects.

Best regards,

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 13
curt.moreno

That is a good plan except that when I extracted the objects they turned out to be "solids" instead of "solid hatches". Consequently I could not change the hatch pattern.

But thank you for your continued suggestions. They are very much appreciated.

- Curt -
Message 7 of 13
MikeEvansUK

I don't think there are that many patterns available through the plot settings but you could:

Use contour banding instead:
Surface level banding would be
-10.000 to -0.001
-0.001 to 0.001
0.001 to 10.000

Now create contours instead using the same data banding, this will create boundaries that you can hatch between, unfortunately not dynamic and not a quick method. I haven't tried but maybe if you use the flatten to zero you may be able to hatch between each without exporting?

Or: You could edit your CTB to use grey scales and vary the darkness / lightness and screening to suit (dark is low light is high? which would be a better option on large variations of levels.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 8 of 13
curt.moreno

Mr. Corey:

I figured it out. I went to the Analysis tab of my Surface Style and was able to set the Display Type to "hatch solid". Thanks again for putting me on the right track!

- Curt -
Message 9 of 13
tcorey

Hi Curt,

I have written a short lisp routine that will change those solids into the pattern and hatch scale you specify. If you want a copy, let me know your email address and I'll send it to you.

Best regards,

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 10 of 13
shailesh.mane
in reply to: tcorey

Hi! all,

In a same way, when i want to show difference between two surface it shows solid hatch but could u help me if i need to show hatching in different pattern may be Iso hatching.

Finally i don't need solid hatch. I need userdefined hatch in analysis view.

Thanks

Shailesh Mane

Message 11 of 13
shailesh.mane

Dear Curt,
Could you please send me this short lisp routine. So that i will check for my problem.
My email address: shailesh.mane@neilsoft.com

Thanks,
Message 12 of 13
smorin

Tim,

I would appreciate a copy of the lisp routine you created that will allow me to use a hatch pattern with my slope banding areas rather than the solid colors as well.  Please send to smorin@loucksassociates.com when you can.  Thank-you in advance.

Sharon

Message 13 of 13

hi all,

this is my aportation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNGs3qspiZM

SSimon Noyola Rivero
Application Engineer
Down to Earth Technologies, Inc.
Autodesk Authorized Consultant
Subject Matter Expert Civil&Map
Civil 3D Country kit development
para: Mexico, Central America, Caribbean & Venezuela
mobile +52 1 55 24450831
mobile +52 1 55 19651029
fijo +52 55 62629663
fijo +52 55 26153133
https://www.youtube.com/user/snoyolar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report