Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope analysis legend to show percent of range... Possible??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
patrickclark
1100 Views, 7 Replies

Slope analysis legend to show percent of range... Possible??

I am working on creating a surface style, legend and surface settings to create Slope Analysis Maps. These maps show a surface with different colors of hatches in triangles of the surface that are within the specified ranges. I have 3 ranges, 0-10%, 10-20% and 20-100%. I have been able to do everything but include the percentage of the area of the range over the total area of the surface. It just does not look like there is the option for this. I thought maybe an expression, but doesn't look like you can have expressions for table styles. I don't know too much about expressions, so maybe I am missing something here. Any ideas would be appreciated. Attached is a pdf that shows my legend and a surface with the style.

Thank You
Patrick
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
patrickclark
in reply to: patrickclark

crickets... (churp churp)
Message 3 of 8
patrickclark

is there anybody out there..
Message 4 of 8
HC1975

Patrick,

No answer. I was also looking for a similar table and have not been able to find a soluction.

-HC
Message 5 of 8
patrickclark

thanks anyways.
good to know somebody knows what I am talking about.
I think I will try to post this in the wishes category.

Patrick
Message 6 of 8

You might see that I posted a similar wishlist a couple of years ago. Like your current thread, I heard crickets. Just giving you some moral support here and would like to see that also.

Rick
Thanks,
Rick
coauthor Mastering Civil 3D 2012
I blog at http://simplycivil3d.wordpress.com
Message 7 of 8
patrickclark

Thanks Rick,
I appreciate the support.
Message 8 of 8
d1of2

I to need to calculate the percent of area with a certain slope of teh entire area. Sounds like we need another feature in the software though. Seems simple enough to calculate..... Although, one would need to know if it is 3D surface area or 2D. The difference is probably minimal, unless there are steep slopes

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report