Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slope analyses

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
stevezc3dd
1947 Views, 10 Replies

slope analyses

I just finished a slope analyses and produced the graphic picture. I need a little help on getting a print out of the sloped areas or % in the analyses. Example 0% - 10% = _______ S.F., 10% - 20% = _________ S. F. ect. Edited by: stevezc3dd on Apr 21, 2010 9:54 PM
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
NathanBee
in reply to: stevezc3dd

Could you please attach the picture? 😃
Message 3 of 11
stevezc3dd

Here is a screen shot
Message 4 of 11
stevezc3dd

Another screen shot
Message 5 of 11
castled071049

Why not add a slope table to the drawing? This will show slope ranges, areas, etc.
Message 6 of 11
stevezc3dd

I am new to c3d and in the process of going through the tutorials and trying things out as I go. So while your suggestion sounds easy enough I am still having trouble. I did a search in the C3d help file and did not see anything on slope table. I then assume you are suggestion I make a table. What I have read about tables seems a bit cumbersome for some data that is pretty common in development in California. Cumbersome could be my limitation with the program. Thanks for any suggestions.
Message 7 of 11
davidtice1958

Steve
I'm using your second attachment to explain my answer to your question...

Set the range number to 10

Then in the first line which read 0.000% through 15.000%. double click on 15.000% under the Maximum column and type in 10 for 10.000%
In line 2 you then type 10 under the minimum column then type 20 under maximum.
Keep going line by line at 10 incremental until you reach line 10 where you will finished with 90% minimum and 100% maximum.

ps. you can reassign colors as well just by simply double clicking on the color as well!

I hope this help!
Message 8 of 11
stevezc3dd

Let me see if I can explain what I am looking for. I understand how to generate a really nice picture. I understand the process of setting up the scale scheme. What I am looking for is; each color represents a sloped area, such as 0% through 15% is one group 15%-30% is another, ect ect. Can C3D measured in a total square footage of each grouped sloped area and provide a print out. There has been a suggestion of a slope table print out which I am not able to find in C3D.
Message 9 of 11
davidtice1958

This was what you have in mind with the slope percentage in place of area in my example attached? Honestly it can be done; however; I have forgotten how I managed to extract the table linked to the surface. I will be out of town until Monday so I hope others will answer for you before then. I'll look again when I get back. (if this was what you're looking for)
Message 10 of 11
NathanBee

Steve,

See attached image. (similar to David's but this is slopes, not elevations)

To create the table (in 2009 at least), go to Surfaces > Add Legend Table > S (for Slopes) and hit Enter for Dynamic. Then select where you want your table.

Make sure you have a surface style that has Slopes displayed and not Elevations (although it looks like you already have).

HTH

Nathan Bartholomew | CAD/Civil Designer | CPG New Zealand Ltd
WELLINGTON | AUCKLAND | NEW ZEALAND
A Downer EDI company
Civil3D 2009 | Version 4
Message 11 of 11
stevezc3dd

TY for the help. Is very simple once you know where to look. Version C3D 2010
Add labels > Add surface legend table >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report