Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SINGLE LINE PIPE DISPLAY - NOT WORKING

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Nikki101
456 Views, 5 Replies

SINGLE LINE PIPE DISPLAY - NOT WORKING

Problem:

I have a Storm pipe network for a subdivision.  All of the pipe are on the same layer, using the pipe style.  For some reason, only 1 of 68 pipes will display through my viewports.  All of the layers within the pipe style are thawed in my viewports, as well as the layer the pipes themselves are on. 

Further, when I go back to an archived file from a few days ago, all the pipes are also on the same layers and styles, and all pipes display as they should through all viewports.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this.  I am not sure what could have changed as I didn't knowing adjust anything with the pipe networks since archiving a few days ago. Am I missing something? Or is this just yet another glitch? 

Needless to say, my contractor who is waiting onsite is not happy that I have wasted hours trying to figure this out so I can print a plan for him....

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Nikki101

Post your drawing so we can take a look...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

What version?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
Nikki101
in reply to: Jay_B

CIVIL 3D 2013

Message 5 of 6
Nikki101

While attempting to diagnos this, I noticed that if I isolate the pipe layers in modelspace, they all display.  Then I go to the viewport in this isolation state, and again all pipes display.  When I turn all the other layers back on, only certain pipes stay displayed.... no sequence... no pattern...  losing my mind.....

Message 6 of 6
Nikki101

Resolved! (kind of)

The model space scale was set to 1:1.  I changed it to 1:500, (which is the most widely used scale in this set of drawings) and all of the pipes displayed in all viewports.  Note:  The viewport I needed most was at a scale of 1:250 - however changing the modelspace scale to 1:500 fixed the 1:250 viewport also.... 

Makes no sense to me - but I am happy it is fixed.  If anyone could help me understand why this happens, it'd be greatly apprecitaed.  I would understand if it effected ALL pipes, and they ALL didn't display when the problems were happening, but it only seemed to effect some pipes....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report