Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Contour label, labels multiple contours

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bratz2
563 Views, 3 Replies

Single Contour label, labels multiple contours

I'm using single contour label in certain areas of my contours however, when I pick a single contour sometimes it will label more than one contour, has anyone else had this issue? Civil 3D 2011
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: Bratz2

I guess maybe the label line is being placed too long. Not a solution, but select the label and edit the label line end points so they don't cross multiple contours. Are you drawing in metres, feet, inchess, mm, what units?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4
sirjoelsph
in reply to: mathewkol

A contour label line will place a label on any contour line that it crosses, even though you are only using the single label method.  Matt mentions the way to fix it after it's already been placed.  If you can anticipate having this issue with closely spaced contours before you begin labeling, one good way to avoid it from happening in most cases is to lower your annotation scale temporarily.  The length of the contour label line object being placed is controlled by the current annotation scale.

-JOEL
Message 4 of 4
jeff_swanitz
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Thanks for this suggestion!  I was having the same issue, and temporarily changing the annoscale did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report