Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sideshot Adjustment with Traverse Adjustment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ken
Contributor
1227 Views, 3 Replies

Sideshot Adjustment with Traverse Adjustment

I have searched but have been unable to find an answer to this question. How do I include sideshots from a field book file in the adjustment of the traverse? In LDD you would import the FBK, then when imported, after defining loop you could check adjust loop to your specs. If it looked ok, you coould adjust loop, then when complete the command line asked if you wanted to adjust sideshots. You could select Yes or No and they would (or would not) be adjusted also. In Civil 3D 2013, I have imported the same FBK. When imported I have defined the traverse. I can then adjust the traverse to my specs, but it will not include the sideshots. The sideshots do not list in the Networks Non-Control Points list, so I am thinking this is my problem. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have also edited the FBK to remove the traverse legs and just run as sideshots from the already adjusted loop values, but it still does not appear to work.

XEON E3-1270
32 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro 64
IDSP 2017
256 GB SSD
2TB HDD
FirePro W7000
2 monitors

(all available hotfixes/updates applied)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: ken

My thoughts are that they should adjust with the traverse automatically, did you update the points, or remove/reinsert them into the drawing.

Also, not sure exactly why LDD every asked you for a yes or no on that question, as why would'nt you.

I for one like to create two separate FBK files, one with the traverse which I adjust as needed and then one with everything else which I import onto the adjusted data.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ken
Contributor
in reply to: rl_jackson

I agree they should adjust automatically. I also have always thought the Yes or No answer in LDD to include sideshots was strange. I have updated the points in the drawing and only the traverse control points adjust. I have run the same FBK in LDD 2009 and have compared coordinates, side by side.

I find it sometimes cumbersome to create 2 seperate FBK files as sometimes I may have a traverse that spreads over several days and we include all sideshots as we run, sometimes several hundred per setup. We have found trying tobreak out those FBK files into two is very time consuming and you are most likely to create an error in the file.

In my test case I have created 2 FBK files, one with the traverse and one with the sideshots to be run after the analysis of the traverse and adjustment. This does appear to be the only way to get the sideshots adjusted. It is just a lot more trouble than simply running it in LDD and writing out the adjusted points and importing into Civil 3D.

XEON E3-1270
32 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro 64
IDSP 2017
256 GB SSD
2TB HDD
FirePro W7000
2 monitors

(all available hotfixes/updates applied)
Message 4 of 4
SurveyorLee
in reply to: ken

Have you checked to see if it adjusted the side shots?  It may do it now without asking. I can't imagine it not re-doing them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report