Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side walk and Ditch subassemblies issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
L3GO-Ed
974 Views, 4 Replies

Side walk and Ditch subassemblies issue

Hello everyone

I intended to create an assembly with a side walk formed fron generic lane and a side ditch. I wanted the ditch to be lined with a material but when I do this, the sidewalk attaches to the bottom of the ditch. Without any material, its correctly attached to the end of the drain. But my design includes lined material in the ditch I would like to be able to calculate the quantities associated with it. How can this be resolved? See attached pics

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

What version are you using? What sub-assembly (name please) are you using to get the depth of material? From looking at it, I would think you could select your sidewalk and rt-click, move to, the desired link point on the ditch. I'm not sure why you're using a lane sub-assembly for a sidewalk though.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hey Lisa,

My choice of a generic link for a side walk was dictated by the design requiring the side walk to be inclined at an angle to the drain, "drainage issues". Otherwise even when I exchange it for the "sidewalk", same problem arises. For the drain am using the "ditch" from "Trench pipes group".

And am running C3D 2014

Message 4 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

I'm using 2012 and I've tried using your sub-assemblies. I can't get the material area in my ditch to fill, but what I might suggest is that you place the ditch on the assembly without changing any of the parameters. Then add the lane so that you can select the outermost link of the backslope. Then change the parameters of the ditch foreslope and backslope widths and the width of the ditch and see what happens. If you're setting the ditch parameters prior to adding the lane sub-assembly, you might not be able to select the correct link point.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

That works fine Lisa. Thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report