Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side-by-side Installation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
173 Views, 4 Replies

Side-by-side Installation

I received C3D a couple months ago and I've been doing alot of research on it. I've been told that, in order to get all of the programs to run PROPERLY and in conjunction with eachother, there is an order in which I MUST install the 2005 Set. Here is what my 2005 Package consists of: Autodesk Survey Autodesk Civil Design Autodesk Land Desktop Autodesk Raster Design Autodesk Civil 3D Can someone put these in order for me? Thanks all. RW
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Autodesk Land Desktop. This MUST precede Survey and Civil Design as both can only install when Land Desktop is present. Autodesk Survey Autodesk Civil Design Order between these two not important as far as I'm aware. I always install Survey first - but that is habit. Autodesk Civil 3D. Leave this till after the Land Desktop, Survey and Civil Design as it is a later product and will have been designed with the Land Desktop/Survey.Civil set in mind rather than visa versa. Autodesk Raster Design I'm unsure whether this should precede Civil 3D. It needs a core AutoCAD to run and hence if you install it last, I'm not sure which of the Land Desktop - or Civil 3D AutoCADs it will see as being it's base. To get official information you could look at the Autodesk Web site knowledge base -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Robert Williams" wrote in message news:42041a44$1_3@newsprd01... > I received C3D a couple months ago and I've been doing alot of research on > it. I've been told that, in order to get all of the programs to run > PROPERLY and in conjunction with eachother, there is an order in which I > MUST install the 2005 Set. > > Here is what my 2005 Package consists of: > > Autodesk Survey > Autodesk Civil Design > Autodesk Land Desktop > Autodesk Raster Design > Autodesk Civil 3D > > Can someone put these in order for me? > Thanks all. > > RW > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I would also find it useful to know which order they should be installed in. I had Land Desktop, Survey, Civil Design, and Raster installed first. After a few months I decided to try out Civil 3D. After it installed, Land Desktop and Map act strange. I get weird problems with MrSid images (i.e., toggle borders doesn't work, crashes if UCS is changed, ect.). > Robert Williams wrote: > I received C3D a couple months ago and I've been doing alot of research on > it. I've been told that, in order to get all of the programs to run > PROPERLY and in conjunction with eachother, there is an order in which I > MUST install the 2005 Set. > > Here is what my 2005 Package consists of: > > Autodesk Survey > Autodesk Civil Design > Autodesk Land Desktop > Autodesk Raster Design > Autodesk Civil 3D > > Can someone put these in order for me? > Thanks all. > > RW > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Laurie, Thanks for your input. I'll give it a try and see how it works. As Endbringer42 mentioned, "Land Desktop and Map act strange" after the Civ3D install. I seem to remember having this same problem after I installed 3D also. Thanks, RW "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:42043060$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > > Autodesk Land Desktop. This MUST precede Survey and Civil Design as both > can only install when Land Desktop is present. > Autodesk Survey Autodesk Civil Design Order between these two not important > as far as I'm aware. I always install Survey first - but that is habit. > > Autodesk Civil 3D. Leave this till after the Land Desktop, Survey and Civil > Design as it is a later product and will have been designed with the Land > Desktop/Survey.Civil set in mind rather than visa versa. > > Autodesk Raster Design I'm unsure whether this should precede Civil 3D. It > needs a core AutoCAD to run and hence if you install it last, I'm not sure > which of the Land Desktop - or Civil 3D AutoCADs it will see as being it's > base. > > To get official information you could look at the Autodesk Web site > knowledge base > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > > "Robert Williams" wrote in message > news:42041a44$1_3@newsprd01... > > I received C3D a couple months ago and I've been doing alot of research on > > it. I've been told that, in order to get all of the programs to run > > PROPERLY and in conjunction with eachother, there is an order in which I > > MUST install the 2005 Set. > > > > Here is what my 2005 Package consists of: > > > > Autodesk Survey > > Autodesk Civil Design > > Autodesk Land Desktop > > Autodesk Raster Design > > Autodesk Civil 3D > > > > Can someone put these in order for me? > > Thanks all. > > > > RW > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
hboutwell

Now we haven't had any issues yet, but we installed Civil 3d first before lDD on these machines. That could be the catch all.

Heidi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report