Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.SID not printing as a background

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GreeneSWCD
578 Views, 6 Replies

.SID not printing as a background

I'm having big issues trying to get a .SID picture to plot.  The .SID shows up in the print preview page, but then never makes it to the plotter.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Out of curosity does the printer print eveything but the image, or does it not print anything at all?

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 7
GreeneSWCD

yep, it prints everything but the .sid.  It even shows the .sid in the print preview window. 

I was hoping it was something easy like the layer with the .sid in it was set not to plot, but no dice. 

I can get it to come through and print every once in a while after a restart.  So that just makes it even more mysterious.  Could it be a hardware problem?  Like the network cable from my computer to the plotter can't carry that much data? 

Message 4 of 7
doni49

My first thought is that the plotter doesn't have enough memory to handle the image.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
antoniovinci

1] plot to a .PDF file

2] open it with Adobe Reader: if the PDF contains the .SID background, send it to the plotter

We wait for the result, good luck!

Message 6 of 7
GreeneSWCD

I've also tried plotting to pdf, but no luck there either.  The plot thickens....  (pun intended, ha!) 

Message 7 of 7
GreeneSWCD

As luck would have it, the day finally came to migrate my machine from XP to Windows 7. That day was yesterday. Well, today, I'm looking at a fresh copy of C3D 2012, an upgrade from 2010.

I just plotted my first drawing since the migration, and the .SID is coming through.

So, this is evidently going to be a non issue for me for at least a while, and hopefully forever.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report