Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.SID not printing as a background

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GreeneSWCD
579 Views, 6 Replies

.SID not printing as a background

I'm having big issues trying to get a .SID picture to plot.  The .SID shows up in the print preview page, but then never makes it to the plotter.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Out of curosity does the printer print eveything but the image, or does it not print anything at all?

Message 3 of 7
GreeneSWCD

yep, it prints everything but the .sid.  It even shows the .sid in the print preview window. 

I was hoping it was something easy like the layer with the .sid in it was set not to plot, but no dice. 

I can get it to come through and print every once in a while after a restart.  So that just makes it even more mysterious.  Could it be a hardware problem?  Like the network cable from my computer to the plotter can't carry that much data? 

Message 4 of 7
doni49

My first thought is that the plotter doesn't have enough memory to handle the image.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
antoniovinci

1] plot to a .PDF file

2] open it with Adobe Reader: if the PDF contains the .SID background, send it to the plotter

We wait for the result, good luck!

Message 6 of 7
GreeneSWCD

I've also tried plotting to pdf, but no luck there either.  The plot thickens....  (pun intended, ha!) 

Message 7 of 7
GreeneSWCD

As luck would have it, the day finally came to migrate my machine from XP to Windows 7. That day was yesterday. Well, today, I'm looking at a fresh copy of C3D 2012, an upgrade from 2010.

I just plotted my first drawing since the migration, and the .SID is coming through.

So, this is evidently going to be a non issue for me for at least a while, and hopefully forever.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report