AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Tdark
Message 1 of 1 (88 Views)

.shp files through Data Connect are the wrong scale

88 Views, 0 Replies
11-12-2013 01:29 PM

I am trying to connect to a .shp file in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP3 through the Data Connect functionality.  When I get the .shp file connected and "Add to Map" the linework appears in generally the correct spot.  The issue is the lengths of the lines are incorrect by a few tenths of a foot.  Anyone know why this happens?  Attached is the .shp file data.  The distance between the two polygons at the NW end is supposed to be 95.0000' (As show in the screen shot).  When I measure (DIST) between the same polylines from the shapefile imported through Data Connect the distance is 94.8168'. (Screen Shot 2) This small distortion is creating an issue for me.  The shapefile is projected in State Plane, Oregon South FIPS, NAD 83.

Any help would be fantastic.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!