Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show superelevation value in curve or horizontal PI label

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wang890
839 Views, 3 Replies

show superelevation value in curve or horizontal PI label

i copied the parameter SE from other label and pasted it in the alignment horizontal PI or curve label but it shows "???" one project requires us to display SE value per circular curve or SCS on plan view. right now it's type in. Anybody knows how to do it?

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: wang890

An alignment represents a plane geometrical series of  entities.  I don't see how it would have any idea about a superelevation of a corridor.  The corridor just follows the alignment.

That's the way I see it.

Now I believe that you should be able to type in any text using the label composer of any label, in your case use the P.I. label.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
wang890
in reply to: wfberry

not the instataneous SE. i need the full super value through the circular portion. the SE parameters are part of alignment objects or hierarchy. I thought i used to be able to do this. I could be wrong.

SE is not part of corridor.

that's what we are doing is typing in. then they decided to add one more line to all and then i had to retype. once a label gets override not style change can control it anymore.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
Message 4 of 4

there are OOTB SE label styles for use on horizontal alignments

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report