Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoulder Subassembly as Grass Verge

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DonalO'Connell2892
1832 Views, 2 Replies

Shoulder Subassembly as Grass Verge

Following on the theme of total plan production through civil 3D. I'm using the shoulder vertical subbase sub-assembly to create a 3m grass verge between the carriageway and cut/fill slopes. This sub-assembly gives me the flexibility to vary the verge width at structures/junctions etc. My problem arises when trying to add a hatch to the corridor plan, the colour and pattern for the verge are the same, as for the running carriageway as they are both governed by the pavement link. Any suggestions as how to overcome this issue would be appreciated.

Refer attached image
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: DonalO'Connell2892

I would try using the LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly for your grass verge. The LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly allow you to adjust the width and has the top/datum links. For the cut/fill slopes use the DaylightMaxWidth subassembly.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Message 3 of 3

Many thanks for the reply Cliff.

Had sorted out the issue in the meantime with the shape trapezoidal sub assembly. This allowed me to assign point, link, and shape codes to the sub assembly. I assigned the strip link to top which allowed me to give a different hatch pattern to the grass verge. Widening is still facilitated.

Thanks again

Dónal O'Connell
Kerry NRDO
Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report