Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorten Northing & Easting Label to last 4 digits?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lbartl
1398 Views, 5 Replies

Shorten Northing & Easting Label to last 4 digits?

Hi,

Has anyone come across a way to shorten the Northing and Easting labels just to show the last 4 digits rather than the full 7 or so digits?

I know I could move my project to a different location, but I want to keep it on the coordinate system given and just add a general note that all Northing start with say 702 and Eastings start with say 413.  So when you read the 4 digits on the plan just add a 702 or a 413 to them to get a northing and easting.

This will save us labelling space.

Hope this makes sense! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: lbartl

Edit the label style.  You'll find rounding options.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

It can be edited  on Layout Tab of the style under "text contents" > click radio button>precision.

(when finished editing be sure the text on right is highlighted and click on the "Right Arrow" to push changes to right side and select ok & then apply.

precision.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: Jay_B

The way I read his question was he is wanting to shorten the text in the label by removing the first 3 digits. So if the northing is 70214567, the label would read 14567. I am not sure, maybe an expression.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 6
sboon
in reply to: sjg

The Transformation settings can also be changed so that the Grid coordinates are showing the adjusted values.  Edit the label styles to display the Grid values and you're done. 

It's not really the proper way to use the Grid and Transformation tools but it should work for this situation.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

You will need 2 exprssions to use in your label style. Here is what it looks like using a Note Style to show normal N/E in the dragged state and then using the expressions for the other 3 labels.

4-6-2013 12-33-17 PM.png

And the expressions:

(Northing/10000-(FLOOR(Northing/10000)))*10000

(Easting/10000-(FLOOR(Easting/10000)))*10000

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report