Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting layout tabs 2015 Civil3d SP2

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
keith.marquardt
2092 Views, 18 Replies

Shifting layout tabs 2015 Civil3d SP2

There is a quick fix for SP2 2015 Autocad to take care of the layout tab shifting problem so many seem to be having.  I'm having the same problem with layout tabs involuntarily shifting after loading the SP2 for 2015 Civil 3d.  The quick fix for Autocad does not seem to load properly in Civil 3D.  Where can I find the quick fix for Civil 3D.  It is extremely annoying to constantly have to move layouts back to the proper order in a file consisting of at least 15 layouts.  Thank You.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Hi,

>> the same problem with layout tabs involuntarily shifting after loading the SP2 for 2015 Civil 3d.

Where do you find SP2 for Civil 3D 2015? Never seen it and don't find it.

And with Civil 3D 2015 I have no shifting problem with layout tab's (but I also have not had it without SP).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 19
wfberry
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred:

The only way I found it was to go to Autodesk Application Manager.  I do not believe that I ever had a notification.  I am not sure why I installed it, but I did it anyway.

Bill

Message 4 of 19

Alfred:

It showed up last week one day in my application manager so I loaded it.
Didn't see it on the subscription site for Civil 3d however. I had no
problems with shifting layout tabs until I loaded the SP2. The hotfix for
the same problem with 2015 Autocad SP2 solved the problem. I found
instructions on how to install it on the Autodesk forum. Hope that helps.

Garry M. Osborn

Engineering Technician

Marquardt Engineering, PLLC

gmosborn57@gmail.com

work phone: (918) 615-3511

cell phone: (918) 694-6612
Message 5 of 19

Hi,

>> It showed up last week one day in my application manager so I loaded it.
>> Didn't see it on the subscription site for Civil 3d however. I had no
>> problems with shifting layout tabs until I loaded the SP2Well, as I don't have SP2 installed (for Civil 3D 2015) and I don't get an update-info from Autodesk Application Manager (even when I start the "search for updates" manually) I guess SP2 is withdrawed.

That also might be a reason why I haven't seen moved layout tab's yet.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 19
Jeff_M

Alfred, perhaps SP2 wasn't released for your language version yet. I downloaded and installed it yesterday using the Application Manager.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

>> perhaps SP2 wasn't released for your language version yet

Well, possible yes, but looking for the last years the service packs were not language dependent.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 19
DarrenP

i uploaded it to my dropbox along with the read me for it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9777150/Civil%203d%202015%20SP%202.zip

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

the shifting layouts fix was released: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Darren,

thank you for uploading it, I'll first will read the readme and then decide to install it or not.

BECAUSE ... looking to the >>>Being Civil blog<<< the screenshot really says "AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 English-US Locked ..." and that brings me back to Jeff's post about "not available for my language".

...download...download...download... 😉

OK, download finished, readme does not tell me anything about limited to english or to US, so I started the installation of SP2 and if finsihed without issues, Civil 3D started and seems to work well for a few minutes (and WMS is working).

Thx for uploading the SP! If there are any issues, I'll come back 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 19
DarrenP

its been posted: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 19
Badams

I've wasted way too much time on this annoying defect.  I'm using Map3D 2015 here.  I had to copy the DLL into the Autocad 2015 program install directory as well as the Map3d program install directory to get it to work correctlly.  Not sure why, but it didn't work when I installed it just in the Map directory.

Poor customer support to release hotfixs that require the users go in and fiddle with renaming, copying, and installing program DLL's when they may not even have admin privledges, but whatever. Got it fixed now.  

Message 13 of 19
Kbeaudin

I do have the same problem with my AUTOCAD Mechanical (architecture), does the hotfix that you uploaded will works with my version?

Tags (3)
Message 14 of 19
Badams
in reply to: Kbeaudin

It should. Autodesk claims it works with Autocad and all it's verticals.
Message 15 of 19
silvernich

Bless you Darren. This was driving me mad!

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
Message 16 of 19
Deshi10
in reply to: keith.marquardt

This issue is persisting beyond SP2. I have installed SP3 and still experience the issue. I installed the hotfix and if I try to drag and move a layout tab it's an instant fatal error.

Has anyone discovered a solution to this?

Message 17 of 19
silvernich
in reply to: Deshi10

Deshi,

This did the trick for me:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Nich

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
Message 18 of 19
Deshi10
in reply to: silvernich

That is the hotfix I was refering to. Did you try to click and drag your tabs? When I do I get a fatal error.

All I did was swap the .dll file.

Message 19 of 19
Badams
in reply to: silvernich

I've applyied that hotfix a long time ago and it seemed to have work.  But now I'm having the same issue again running Map3d 2015 SP3... the tabs roam all over the place when swithching layouts again.   Probably no manual regression testing was done for this bug?  Whatever, I guess we'll just have to live with another fun ADSK bug to drive us all nuts. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report